Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 05-07-2005, 03:29 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road
Default VANCOUVER ISLAND GET TOGETHER

It's official, we're going for it. After recruiting some help for a reefkeeper gathering, we're definatley a go to set a date. I'm thinking late July but I guess we have to see who wants to come and what days are best for everybody. So out of July 23, 24, 30 or 31 which is best for you? Being located mid island it's not such a long drive for those located far north or south on the island.

Here's what I had in mind.

What I had in mind was to use my large yard and get a few bbq's running and I have the room to make it a families welcome affair.
Since this is a marine themed group, my plan was to do a ton of fishing before hand and stock up on salmon, halibut, cod, prawns, shrimp, crab, clams and oysters and have a seafood smorgasborg. (with a bit of non seafood for those who don't care for it) and BYOB for those who wish.

For out of towners, you can bring your truck/camper or tents to stay if you don't want to do too much driving in one day. I have the room to accomidate you.

In addition to this we could hold a frag swap. We could set up a large tank for people to float their bags. This would hold temp stable and people wouldn't have to acclimate to this water and then new owners acclimate again. Any comments on this idea???

Please post any of the above dates that are definatley out of the question for you and we'll try to work around it. After we set a date, I'll throw up an invitation for any mainland reefers to join us if they wish.

Any questions, comments ect. please PM myself, Wolfen or Christy
Old 05-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road
Default V Island Get together

The end of July (30th and 31st) are definitely out of the question for me. I'm using the long weekend to hook me a couple tyees.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:18 PM

Good point Jaws. I forgot about the long weekend. Just looked at July on the calander and didn't turn the page. Whoops!!

OK let's look at the second or third weekend in July to eliminate the long weekends.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:13 PM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Gathering...

Any weekend will be good for me... I'll make the time for such an event... I have a sign shop, so I'd be happy to do up some directional signs to help people find it.

Jim.
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 05-07-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Gathering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferaddict
Any weekend will be good for me... I'll make the time for such an event... I have a sign shop, so I'd be happy to do up some directional signs to help people find it.

Jim.
Beautiful Jim!! You've just been drafted into a small army of organizers.

Also anyone who can contribute a BBQ, tables or have equiptment for a holding tank let us know.

Forgot to mention that if you have reef related stuff you want to sell, bring it along. I have the lawn space where people can display their goods.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Ken, I've got 3-4 spare heaters, a spare 33gal tank, spare 20 gal tank and a host of rubbermaid tubs and powerheads to use. I don't think we'll have any problems there

Christy

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5
Ken, I've got 3-4 spare heaters, a spare 33gal tank, spare 20 gal tank and a host of rubbermaid tubs and powerheads to use. I don't think we'll have any problems there

Christy

Ya I know but that's gonna kill the offer I was going to make to you to buy all your powerheads. Honest I was going to offer a fair price! <MMMMuuuh ha ha>

OK There's that taken care of.

(but seriously want to sell some PH's???)
Old 05-08-2005, 01:27 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

I might even be able to make this, how exciting is that . Sundays are the best for me

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 05-08-2005, 03:30 AM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

Ken,

I have my big BBQ that I can bring over. Also I have that 75 Gal with the leak. If you want to grab it and try to reseal it, it could be used as a holding tank.
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 05-08-2005, 03:56 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at my airmiles and waiting for a date....