Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

This looks pretty trick..

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

$50k to start though ... ouch. It was a fantasy I had for about 5 minutes until I finally got the Canadian pricing page to load correctly, and then I was all.. Ok I guess I better go back to work now.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:00 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

Nice ride Parker... how much time you have into that thing? 3000lbs still sounds light though... no?

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 12-23-2009, 06:46 PM

blueyota is on a distinguished road

My toyota pickup comes in at 3800 lbs with 400+ lbs of wheels so that seems about right to me ..
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

3000 lbs was a rough guess. I've cut a bunch of metal out and added a bunch so I'm not sure what it comes in at these days. I believe stock it's 3,200 lbs
Old 12-24-2009, 03:39 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Tough desicion to make I guess.

I will be towing with it, I have a 2,500 lb car hauler with a 3,000 lb truck on it. Last trip we took to a show was 6,000 km. My 92 with the 5.8 pulls all day long, never a problem. In fact the only thing I have ever replaced on it besides wear and tear items was the starter. So I have been pretty happy with it, well besides the gas millage but hey it has the 5.8 in it.

GM's are overpriced plain and simple and I have yet to own a GM that doesn't rattle and squeek and it drives me nuts! lol

The Tundra is a very nice truck but carries import pricing. $35,000 for a used 1/2 tonne truck with 40-80,000k is pretty steep in my mind. I'm not opposed to imports, my wifes car is a Corrolla and it runs and drives like the day it came off the showroom floor. It's been a great car.

find a older ford deisel(1999-2002).. can be got for cheep and the motors are capable of 1000000miles and more. I pull 8000lbs and get 25 mpg towing and all I did to it was put different injectors and tune the computer. empty I am pushing 30mpg and with the extra power from the chip and the injectors I haven't found any factory trucks that I can't pull away from. heck most mustangs have a hard time keeping up also

the power capability and fuel milage you can get from a diesel is nuts, and they stay daily drivers. so if you find a 1999 fully loaded for about 15K you can put another 2K into it and get what I have with a lot more options. I bought a plane jane version as I needed a diesel now and didn't have time to look around.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:02 PM

No way my wife lets me buy a 99-02 diesel..

I forgot how much I hate greasy car salesman. If anyone here is a salesman and your not greasy you are few and far between! lol
Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road

iam a mechanic with 10 plus years exp they all hav there problems i hav an 06 f150 4x4 lariait and i love it my bud has the same truck he tows a big 5th wheel with it and took out his diff(was under waranty) but the trailer should be pulled by at least and f350 if your towing some thing heavy get an f250 my ranger fx4 level 2 had almost the same towing capacity imo f150 are to light duty trans and diff wise for towing any thing really heavy for long distance not to mention braking capacity i see f150 chev 1500 tow these moblie homes down the road scary to me the huge trailer is gonna push the truck forward if you hav to stop fast.i could ramble on for days about whats better you hav to use common sense to (my f150 is a piece i tried to tow my huge trailer with 2 quads on the truck to bc through the mountains and the trans overheated and went )well what did you expect.i dirve my trick nice (yes the plug issue is dumb and 25 bucks a plug is crazy but so is 1000 for a catalitic)i hav 147000 kms on it and still get between 25 to 30 mpg hiway and about 24 in the city around 700 to 900 km per tank i get the same gas milage as my ranger fx4 did i think thats preaty good considering its 2 time the size.as for the inside its dead quiet to drive and i hav not seen a nicer interior in any other factory truck my coworked just got an 09 chev he likes it but wants the ford interior. anyway if your buyn use private sale take it and get an inspection hav it checked out you never know how the other person took care of it and change you oil regalarly and you engine will go along way.just my 25 cents.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 PM

whiteice669 is on a distinguished road

hey Parker, I have 17 years of ford dealership exp,( left for an independant shopo a year ago ) including auto trans repair, pm me with your questions and I will answer then
aga 180g dual overflow 77g sump, mak 4 return, dart pump for closed loop 3 250w se 15,000k mh, 4 80w t5 250 vertex skimmer,3l vertex zeo reactor, marine tech cal reactor.regal,powder brown and yellow tangs, chromis eyelash blennie blue mandran, slowly filling with SPS
Old 12-30-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice669 View Post
hey Parker, I have 17 years of ford dealership exp,( left for an independant shopo a year ago ) including auto trans repair, pm me with your questions and I will answer then

I don't have any specific questions, I was looking for a general overview. Are people happy with them, any common problems, that sort of thing.

The biggest issue I have come accross seems to be the spark plug problems on the 5.4, whether they are breaking off upon removal or blowing out of the heads entirely. That seems to have been fixed mid year 2008.

With the incentives Ford has been offering, we may go brand new. It just makes sence. Why pay $25-26,000 with 7% interest when I can buy new for $32,000 ish with 0% interest.

Last edited by Parker; 12-30-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
This looks pretty trick..

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

$50k to start though ... ouch. It was a fantasy I had for about 5 minutes until I finally got the Canadian pricing page to load correctly, and then I was all.. Ok I guess I better go back to work now.

I saw one at the dealship yesterday. Can't say I was a big fan, I didn't like the wide body look in person. It just didn't look right, somthing was misssing and I couldn't put my finger on it.