Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

To clarify for those reading...

Drock169's friend Mark picked up frags at my place Thursday Oct. 22 rather than having them shipped.

For some reason I had it in my mind that Mark was picking up a couple frags for Drock169 and also bringing back the last SPS auction items for JPotter(perhaps because I never file/print all the PM's I get), clearly this was not the case. The combination of usernames and real names combined with the number of PMs sometimes makes my head spin, specially when I am not spending to much time online.

As per my PM's to the individuals involved yesterday, ideally we can coordinate to get these auction items to the correct owner. That being said, I realize this may not be easy, if at all possible.

I communicated to those involved yesterday that if we can not coordinate getting the frags into the correct hands, a full refund for the auction winner and Drock169 can simply keep the frags as this was my mistake (sunset monti, purple monster frag...), or he can pay me what he feels the frags are worth, or what he can afford.

Having not been aware of this thread until this morning it was a fascinating read. And FYI there were no emergencies, problems or other excuses, just a mistake made on my part.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

In the future it would probably be helpful to have a phone number that you could be reached at Dave. That would have solved the issue fairly quickly (and likely not in public!). Although I do understand that having a business number would be a pain in the butt.

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Umm! Sorry but how does that compensate the winner if someone else gets her frags for free???????
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Mark and Derek had my phone number as Mark called me before he came by, Janne did not have my number.

And as a business...........this is not a business for me. Sometimes I wonder why I pay to sponsor when I am really only selling frags I grow out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
In the future it would probably be helpful to have a phone number that you could be reached at Dave. That would have solved the issue fairly quickly (and likely not in public!). Although I do understand that having a business number would be a pain in the butt.
They get their money back - so there is no gain or loss, just a PITA experience due to my error.

That being saod - Derek (the canreef member/reefkeeper who received all the frags), well he as been very cool and has taken the time to communicate clearly during the event. If something can be done with the frags he will make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Umm! Sorry but how does that compensate the winner if someone else gets her frags for free???????
Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

Nice to have a post from wicked frags. Wouldn't it be great if we could all be perfect all the time

Re frag business: If one has a "business" name, web site with product and policies, forum section under vendor etc those who see this are of the assumption that it is a business...of some sort or another. It is different from the member who posts that they have fragged a piece and will sell it. To the customer it is irrelevant whether that is a main or subsiduary income. To the government the $ income is all that is relevant when it comes to taxation.
Having said that I am glad there are those growing out frags for hobbiests to aquire as from my short experience in general the frags seem to do better than the "large" pieces from the LFS.
In the future I will try to ascertain the nature of a frag business so I can set my expectations accordingly and I will definitely try to get a telephone contact number before ordering.
Now to sort out getting the auction frags and the "additional" ones.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Would it not be good business practice to follow up on an order you have sent in a rather unconventional way?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 PM

cooper is on a distinguished road

We all make mistakes and nobody is perfect so don't be too hard on Dave. I am also curious if you people don't work as it seems that a lot of you spend a lot time reading/replying on this forum. There is a lot of drama on this forum and that's why I rarely participate on any thread. Get a life people!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 AM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

I don't know who falls into "you people" and I can't speak for others but I work full time...if I didn't I don't think I could manage this hobby!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 AM

Drock169 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
We all make mistakes and nobody is perfect so don't be too hard on Dave. I am also curious if you people don't work as it seems that a lot of you spend a lot time reading/replying on this forum. There is a lot of drama on this forum and that's why I rarely participate on any thread. Get a life people!
This was unnecessary. I do work full time. I think you would also be concerned if $300 worth of merchanise you ordered ended with someone else. And I havent been hard on Dave, I've just been trying to help him get his stuff to the right person.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Seems to me that if this thread wasn't here Dave may still not be aware of the problem and JPotter would be getting more upset by the day. Dave admitted his mistake and is taking action to make good for the mix up. A little empathy from fellow reefers is good thing IMO and people should not be chastised for caring.