Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
so the frags were sent to Drock? Just out of the blue or sent in addition to what he ordered?

If this is the case kuddos to Drock for bringing this to your attention. Thats pretty up-front thing to do. I may have looked at $400 of unordered frags delivered to my doorstep as a gift from God.
From the beginning I have acknowledged that and have said that I am very grateful if not even more than a little confused
I am not even certain these are the auction frags as his post re someone picking up frags and bringing them to Vancouver for him was Sept23...a week before the auction ended and I had a PM from Dave re the frags and shipment info Oct 5 and the post re "extra" frags was just a couple of days ago. Go figure..the person I need to hear from to help clear this up is Dave at wickedfrags. If/when I do I will let it be known.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:40 AM

Drock169 is on a distinguished road

Sorry I was away this weekend. I sent you a PM, and at first I did try to contact Dave first but didnt get a response, i assume hes busy right now, so I posted here. I think Dave will honour the guarantee regardless of the third party aspect, hes a really good guy. The reason he did it this way is because I had friend who came out from Oakville for my wedding ( I grew up in Oakville) and they were picking up my order and flying out with it. This way the frags were only in transit for 5 hours rather than a day. I think there was just a bit of confusion because a friend of mine also ordered a piece and he may have thought that you were that friend.
All said and done, I just want to make sure what you paid for. The frags are the ones from the pictures and they do look great.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Wow, that's a confusing story...

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:05 AM

golf nut is on a distinguished road

Who's on first?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock169 View Post
Sorry I was away this weekend. I sent you a PM, and at first I did try to contact Dave first but didnt get a response, i assume hes busy right now, so I posted here. I think Dave will honour the guarantee regardless of the third party aspect, hes a really good guy. The reason he did it this way is because I had friend who came out from Oakville for my wedding ( I grew up in Oakville) and they were picking up my order and flying out with it. This way the frags were only in transit for 5 hours rather than a day. I think there was just a bit of confusion because a friend of mine also ordered a piece and he may have thought that you were that friend.
All said and done, I just want to make sure what you paid for. The frags are the ones from the pictures and they do look great.
And this happened without the knowledge of J.Potter?

Last edited by Borderjumper; 10-26-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 AM

Drock169 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, well it happened without my knowledge as well. I think it was just a coincidence that I also placed an order awhile ago. Pretty much when I posted that thread asking if pick up was ok was when I placed my order, which shouldve been a separate order.
Trust me I thought it was odd when I got my friends at the airport and picked up a box which was pretty heavy when I thought there would only be a few pieces in it.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

i find this odd i have only delt with WF twice and both were group orders. all went quite well both times for us.

Man am i glad i can drive to SNAPPYs place, drool over his tank and get home in 2 hours. more or less depending on how long he lets me stare endlessly at his tank.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

The only one who can answer the question has not replied to this matter....just a thinking out loud
Old 10-26-2009, 07:41 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

This is highly unusual for Dave. I've never had any issues with Wickedfrags and he has always been very professional and takes his business quite seriously.

I don't really know what to suggest Janine except to wait for a response.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:39 AM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

OK..tonight I had a PM from Dave.He has verified pretty much what we all put together bit by bit. Poor business on his behalf and took a long time to reply but at he has admitted they were shipped in error. Now I only hope that the frags are well, that Derek and I get a mutually convenient time for me to get them when his wedding vacation is over(his work is about 45 min from my place..not certain where his home is) and that Dave will ship any additional frags at no charge as the auction frags were accidental stow aways.

Thank you all for you ears, support, advice and help in tracking down Derek..and most of all kudos to Derek for coming forth about the frags.

Now if anyone can tell me how to rid my new cowfish of ich (which just appeared tonight) I would be grateful to learn about that...this reefing is becoming a bit of a steep learning curve. New tank..live rock from canreefer(it came with some attached corals), inverts and the cowfish and macro algae has been in the cycled tank about 2 weeks. It is the only fish and about 1.5" long. Normal behaviour..looks like it has rolled in salt crystals!Eating mysis soaked in commercial garlic..also eating nori. It arrived with a bashed hind prong that developed some fluff but that quickly resolved..now the white dots! What next???