Sent from my porcelain aquarium

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

I own one of these and like it a lot.

Canon Power Shot D10 Water Proof Digital Camera - $100
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...465930528.html

Just a small tip with any under water cam, remember to apply small layer of Vaseline on the rubber seals.
Avoid sudden pressure changes like an ocean waive may hit it for example, or when you snorkel try not to move your hands (with cam in the hand) too quickly as this will increase the pressure and seal may leak.

I know because i ruined two and sunk one LOL.

Last edited by RuGlu6; 12-17-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I have the Olympus Tough Stuff and it's not too bad. I've played around with the Lumilux in the stores and I really like the quality of the pics, I think it will be my next one.
I thought this might be of interest to you, it was posted on Reef Builders
http://gizmodo.com/5916329/the-best-...ium=socialflow

Last edited by noirsphynx; 12-17-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

I've got a Panasonic TS3 (now it's the TS4) and it's by far the best tough camera that I've tested out. I tried out the fujifilm, olympus toughcam, Nikon toughcam, and Sony toughcam (never got a chance to check out the Pentax one). The Panasonic claims to be waterproof to 45 feet (which I tested in Maui) as most other toughcams are only good from 10 - 30 feet of depth. I've also never had a lens fogging issue with it in the 2 years I've had it which is a very common complaint on most waterproof cameras due to design of these cameras.

The camera you posted Jeff is the same one that dreef has and I know he has been happy with it for taking photos in his tank. For the price, the Fujifilm camera is a much better buy than the Panasonic and if you don't plan on taking it snorkeling or scuba diving too deep, it's definately the best bang for your buck.

Forgot to add, I've never had any problem with leaks on the TS3. When I took it down past 40 ft, there was a very slight bit of condensation inside the battery/SD card compartment but not enough to do any damage or worry about. It has a dual rubber gasket with an external lock that pretty much eliminates the possibility of water getting inside the camera.

Last edited by Stones; 12-17-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
I've got a Panasonic TS3 (now it's the TS4) and it's by far the best tough camera that I've tested out.
I work with their Toughbook laptops and they're pretty tough, I imagine their cameras are as tough!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

I have the Pentax Optio W10. Wicked little camera. It's been on every hunting, fishing, surfing, biking, hiking trip I made in the last 10 years. It's now very beat up and ugly, but it keeps ticking like a champ. This baby owes me nothing.
That being said, if I was looking for another one, I'd be looking long and hard at the GoPro line with a housing which they sell for it.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

I picked up an olympus underwater camera last year around this time for under $100. I took the thing diving in Maui figuring if it was washed away it was only $100. Downside is with the viewfinder cover I found that if your water was gritty that the particles got trapped between the cover and the lense, not a great combination.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
I picked up an olympus underwater camera last year around this time for under $100. I took the thing diving in Maui figuring if it was washed away it was only $100. Downside is with the viewfinder cover I found that if your water was gritty that the particles got trapped between the cover and the lense, not a great combination.
I have one of these too and had a similar experience with the lens cover. Just have to make sure to rinse it first before you close it. Although the lens is pretty tough and after a couple of years of opening and closing with sand in between the lens and the cover I haven't actually noticed any scratches. If mine crapped out and would probably get one of their newer ones. My kids have thrown this camera across the room a few times and it is still trucking along.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
I have the Pentax Optio W10. Wicked little camera. It's been on every hunting, fishing, surfing, biking, hiking trip I made in the last 10 years. It's now very beat up and ugly, but it keeps ticking like a champ. This baby owes me nothing.
That being said, if I was looking for another one, I'd be looking long and hard at the GoPro line with a housing which they sell for it.
We are looking at the GoPro ones as well. Will wait for boxing week sales to pick up tho!!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

PM Sent