Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road
Default Radion - Green Light

So I was sleeping soundly until my dog starts whining to go outside. So I get up and head downstairs and I notice at 12:45am that one of my Radions is on and it's all green. I say to myself that is weird as they were all off at 10:00PM like they were supposed to be. I am on the standard natural light setting. When I manually shifted the lights to artificial and back to natural the light went out, but why was it on in the first place. Anyone else experience this?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

Yep, even in artifical mode I get the greens sometimes in the middle of the night. I think it is as close to some moon light we are going to get right now.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:50 PM

I would rather them stay off completely then come on green.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM

H22_TURBO is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue with one of mine

I was reading about another guy who had the same problem and his crapped out not to long after that. seems its kinda random on my unit too, one night it will be green and some nights all off. just hope mine will last longer than his.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22_TURBO View Post
I have the same issue with one of mine

I was reading about another guy who had the same problem and his crapped out not to long after that. seems its kinda random on my unit too, one night it will be green and some nights all off. just hope mine will last longer than his.
Well don't tell me that. Now I have to worry about more than just a green light issue on my tank.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM

toxic111 is on a distinguished road

I actually don't mind the green light that much, more like moonlight that some of the blue lights I have seen.

But if it is a concern I would ask ecotech themselves to find out.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic111 View Post
I actually don't mind the green light that much, more like moonlight that some of the blue lights I have seen.

But if it is a concern I would ask ecotech themselves to find out.
I have done just that. Wating on a response. I am not so worried about the color of the light as much as it is coming on when it is programmed to stay off at night. I want my light to be predictable and not random.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one, unfortunately my problem is a little more severe than both of yours. Instead of green I have the unit reset with the full spectrum @ about 80% intensity.

Sent it off, 10 days of darkness and I get it back with the EXACT same problem. Now the coral that has seen a dramatic lack of light is being exposed to light 24/7 and I leave for Jamaica in 2 days.

I have a feeling today is going to be one of those scream at everyone kind of days , wish me luck!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:06 PM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaelite View Post
I'm happy to see I'm not the only one, unfortunately my problem is a little more severe than both of yours. Instead of green I have the unit reset with the full spectrum @ about 80% intensity.

Sent it off, 10 days of darkness and I get it back with the EXACT same problem. Now the coral that has seen a dramatic lack of light is being exposed to light 24/7 and I leave for Jamaica in 2 days.

I have a feeling today is going to be one of those scream at everyone kind of days , wish me luck!!
is this the one from oceans creations?

if it is bring it back to me and i will exchange it for you, when i had it here it worked fine but only had it on for an hour

it might have to be one of my demo's units until you get back from your trip, but i will replace it with a new one once i have stock next week

thanks dave
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave@conceptaquatics View Post
is this the one from oceans creations?

if it is bring it back to me and i will exchange it for you, when i had it here it worked fine but only had it on for an hour

it might have to be one of my demo's units until you get back from your trip, but i will replace it with a new one once i have stock next week

thanks dave
And that is why I buy from Dave.