Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM

NastayNatron is on a distinguished road
Default Marine aquarium shops in the okanogan

Hey I'm just on vacation in osoyoos and am planning on heading up to penticon and kelowna this afternoon! I am looking for some marine aquarium shops I can check out while I'm here. Any ideas?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:04 PM

Reef Puffer is on a distinguished road

not sure about penticton but kelowna has the purple seahorse in rutland area i believe, and the better one downtown off klo but i cant seem to remember the name of it. hope it helps. also hope u have a large wallet!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 PM

o ya, and the next time people come this way from calgary im sure there is a tonne of us that could use supplies brought with them... it seems all the good deals are out that way. unfortunately im sure ill never go that way therfore unable to reep the benefits. and since ur down here im almost possative there is a guy who needs stuff brought back to alb. from penticton... im sure he'd make it worth ur time?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Pet City in the South end of Kelowna does salt water. Small store & a little tricky to find, but every time I've been in there, the salt section has been very well maintained. It's in a small mall area along the lake, east (right turn Clyde) after you cross the bridge coming from the south. There are a couple larger pet outlets just off the main thoroughfare, one either side, just north of Spall. One carries livestock, the other larger one on the other side has some hardware for marine & I got a good deal on a bucket of IO salt there.

If you're headed farther north to Vernon, AJ's Pets & Things is the only pet store with marine goodies. Not all that great, but it's all we have now.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:26 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKreefer View Post
and since ur down here im almost possative there is a guy who needs stuff brought back to alb. from penticton... im sure he'd make it worth ur time?
I think it's the Grizz that's looking to have some items brought from Penticton.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:36 PM

yes i think it is pet city just off K.L.O. had very healthy live stock. aj s in vernon has quite a bit for coral but not a whole lot for fish.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM

doch is on a distinguished road

That's right... It's the grizz. He has a 65ish gallon tank and sump sitting in penticton that he needs back.... Shoot him a pm... I'm sure he'd be very grateful.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924
Old 08-14-2011, 05:05 AM

NastayNatron is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks for all the replys! I am in kelowna tonight and will check out the stores tomorrow providing they are open on Sunday's! Unfortunately I can't bring anything back with me as I have a two door car with my girlfriend and I and all of our camping gear for two weeks. Lets just say to pack it took me two hours haha. But nevertheless thanks for all the replys!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:15 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Yep it's me. Thanks for getting back to me anyways. Hope you had some good weather & enjoy you trip. Let us know what the shops are like there when you get back for future reference.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build