Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > JL Aquatics

Old 07-05-2011, 11:35 PM

jlaquatics is on a distinguished road
Default AquaCharge!

Hello everyone,

I've got a new product I'm fairly excited about that I thought I would share with you!

It is the AquaCharge pump from Rule.

This is a cordless, chargeable pump that you can connect a garden hose to (up to 50') and it can pump fresh or saltwater easily - 200 Gallons worth per charge! I know many of you do large water changes and dealing with water changers (Python etc.) can be a bit of a pain. I'm sure each one of you can think of a perfect use for this pump - if not just having it in the emergency kit for that next flood!

Pump, charger, battery and 8' of garden hose are included for $88.95 ($75.61 for a limited time).

Come check one out at the store - we can even demo one for you if you like.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...t_ID=wp-ac0500
Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 AM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road

sounds cool!!

how fast does the water flow out at 50 feet length though? Does it lose it's pressure like conventional pumps? i use a mag 9 over about 25 feet and it takes a really long time to pump out a 45 gallon drum.

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM

Pirates_Gold is on a distinguished road

I have seen these on YouTube a while ago. The Aquachargepump.com website does not show any pump curves. I seldom do water changes during power outages, but perhaps there are other applications for such a pump.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:22 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

So the whole pump has to go into the tank to suck the water out? I don't have that much empty space in my tank! I need something similar, but that sucks from a hose, with the pump being on the outside.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

I have another use: using it to pump all those rain barrels that we so conscientiously set up and fill but a b**ch to use to water your garden!!

Have ordered one to see if that works. But yeah, can't see me putting this into my reef. Maybe into the sump to pump out water...if your sump has room.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:02 PM

MKLKT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
I have another use: using it to pump all those rain barrels that we so conscientiously set up and fill but a b**ch to use to water your garden!!

Have ordered one to see if that works. But yeah, can't see me putting this into my reef. Maybe into the sump to pump out water...if your sump has room.
Couldn't you rig up an external pump on the bulkhead of one of those bad boys to pump water for your garden?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Sure thing, if you have one of those pumps handy, and that you have lots of extension cords.
I live on an acreage and there are places I don't really want to string along cords, so the battery powered idea seems great. Plus it looks like a good pump to have around.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
So the whole pump has to go into the tank to suck the water out? I don't have that much empty space in my tank! I need something similar, but that sucks from a hose, with the pump being on the outside.
A small self-priming pump to toss in a bucket and then pull crap from the sump. That'd be a dream come true actually.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:29 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

wonder about the screen/filter on it.

When I do a WC I siphon into a Brute, wheel the Brute to the bathroom then siphon to the bathtub to dump. Could see dropping a AquaCharge into the Brute to empty it but would be concerned with the crud I've siphoned from the tank (including macro, bristle worms, snails etc).
Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
A small self-priming pump to toss in a bucket and then pull crap from the sump. That'd be a dream come true actually.
I'm lucky my sump is sitting about 4' off the floor and above a laundry sink, but for those sumps on the flr always the wet/dry shop vac

Last edited by mark; 07-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.