Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-10-2004, 07:10 PM

kris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to kris Send a message via MSN to kris
Default hmm any indoor gardeners on the board?

The reason I ask is I have a fairly unique tree. The tree is Sterculiaceae Theobroma Cacao, also known as the coco tree. I have about 5 trees up for trade. They are ready to be planted into their final pots. In 4 years when the tree matures it will bloom from the trunk and old growth branches. Then the Cacao pods form, they are about the size of a nice size mango. They take warmer temps and low light. This is not a tree that you can go out and buy at your nursery. If any one is interested let me know.

PS if there are people interested I will also have other unique plants up for trade soon.

Cheers!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:32 PM

Chad is on a distinguished road
Default Tree

Hey,

How much could I buy that tree for?? I got nothing to trade..

Old 01-10-2004, 07:46 PM

Hey Chad id rather do a trade, even a coral frag would do. But if not we can work something out over PM
Old 01-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Hey Kris,

Did you ever get those shame plants going (the touch sensitive ones). If so I've got some frags for trades!!

Christy

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:24 PM

Sorry Christy only one came up and its growing rather slowly. But the Rain trees (samanea saman) they are the onse that close up at night and when it rains (or misted) they stand about 1.5 inc still... so you will have to wait a little loger on that one if intrested.

I will also have over the next while seedlings from Star Fruit (Averrhoa Carambola). this is another senstive style plant. the leaves will close up when touched. Wild Coffee (Coffea SP.). IM not to sure what this will turn out like but if its the one im thinking of wow caffine high for me. Then the next will be Baby Papaya (Carica Papaya). This one produces fruit at an early age, and and is heavely scented.

Oh and just a heads up all the seeds i grow are harvested with the enviroment in mind. So there is no damage done to the rain Forrest.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:10 AM

LostMind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LostMind

Interesting!

Can I stop by and check your stuff out? I have never seen any of these but I like different plants (mainly orchids, bonsai, etc.).

I tried growing some eco-friendly rainforest plants when I was in university, but everyone thought I was growing weed so I stopped
Old 01-11-2004, 02:13 AM

Hey lost mind, there is honestly not too much to look at. I’m just getting back into gardening. The Cocoa trees are on a drip plate that is on top of my speaker. I have yet to get the means to build my conservatory .The other plants are just placed around my place for their needs. I was big into orchids for a while but while I was renting a basement suit the person looking after them froze them so to say. I lost 5 paphs that I have had for 4 years, among others. But what are you going to do. Since then I have not had the time for plants and recently my girlfriend and I have start to build a collection of tropical. Your more then welcome to come by one of these days and take a look at what little I have, as well as my reef tank.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:37 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

no pics?
Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:52 AM
UnderWorldAquatics

do you have any varities that would do well in a balmy, warm, fishroom, they would be artifically lit with full spectrum PC plant lights, we need some plants for our fishroom, they would have to tolerate saltwater humidity,
thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 04:55 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWorldAquatics
, they would have to tolerate saltwater humidity,
thanks
um there is no salt in the air eater evaporates and leaves the salt in the tank.. so you don't have to worry about it. If salt evaporated to we would all have salt creep in our driveways

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.