Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 10-31-2010, 04:31 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo
Default The Fifth Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour

... is coming January 2011. We've decided to hold off on starting the annual Reef Tank Tour until the new year because it often conflicts too much with hunting season and Christmas holidays. So far it looks as though we'll have quite a few tanks to feature including some that previously have not been shown. As we get underway I'll use this thread to post pictures and any other relevant information.

Times and dates have yet to be set but these are probably the tanks that will be featured:
George's 250 gal
Doug's 135 gal
Karen's 200 gal
Russell's (mine) 120 gal
Bill's 140 gal
UNBC/Staffan's 135 gal
Alan's 90 gal
... hopeful but not likely: Lonnie's 500 gal

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 12-04-2010, 04:34 AM

We're still a month off from getting this underway but in the mean time I've created a facebook group for all who are interested. Its called: The Prince George Reef Tank Tour. If you're already a member on facebook all you need to do is search the name and join. I'm hoping that like this site, it will become a useful tool for advertising showings, posting pictures and general discussion.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Rayne is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I didn't know a community like this existed in PG!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM

We're small, we stick mostly to the shadows and we only come out at night to feed.... joking.

I do what I can to reach as many people as I can through word of mouth, posters, bits in the newspaper and on websites. We're not large or formal enough for an advertising budget so that is all that can be done for now.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 PM

Rayne is on a distinguished road

Nice. Would definitely be interested in checkin' out the tanks in town and meeting some fellow fish-heads.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM

Unfortunately there were no volunteers to go first so I guess its up to me. I'll be showing my own 220 gallon system on Sunday January 16 from 12:00 noon to 5:00pm. The address is 4049 Campbell Ave and phone number is (250) 649-0465. There will be a space allocated for anyone wishing to bring used equipment or coral frags for sale.

This map shows the location of Campbell Ave

The rest of this years circuit looks like this:
Russell’s January 16
Staffan’s January 30
Alan’s February 13
George’s February 20
Doug’s March ____
Bill’s March ____
Karen’s March ____
As we get closer to each month I'll fill in the blanks once the owners have chosen their exact dates. Nearly all of the showings will be on Sundays from 12:00noon to 5:00pm as this has historically worked best. If you would like to be notified by email when new showings are announced send me a PM and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Following my showing, Staffan Lindgren from UNBC has offered to present their public 135 gallon tank on Sunday January 30th from noon until 5:00pm. The tank is located on the third floor of the Bentley Science Center or '#8 the Teaching Laboratory' http://www.unbc.ca/assets/communicat...lay_simple.jpg

Its going to be a busy three months and it should be a lot of fun! See you all soon!

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 01-31-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm sorry to report that Bill will not be featuring his system in this years Tank Tour.

Russell’s January 16
Staffan’s January 30
Alan’s February 13
George’s February 20
Doug’s March ____
Karen’s March ____

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 01-31-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 AM

A big thanks to those of you who were able to switch into four wheel drive and come out to see my little slice of paradise this afternoon. For those of you who couldn't make it through the deep new snow here is what you missed:

Staffan is still ready to show the UNBC Reef Tank in two weeks, details are below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo View Post

Following my showing, Staffan Lindgren from UNBC has offered to present their public 135 gallon tank on Sunday January 30th from noon until 5:00pm. The tank is located on the third floor of the Bentley Science Center or '#8 the Teaching Laboratory' http://www.unbc.ca/assets/communicat...lay_simple.jpg

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Today is the big day for Staffan's showing of the UNBC Reef Tank! I heard rumor of coffee and donuts being provided so I can't wait to get my fix. I also just got confirmation from Alan and George who are the next two people to be featuring their systems in February.

Alan Perry is the owner of All Clear Aquarium Services here in PG and will be showing off his home aquarium and basement business Sunday February 13 at 7293 Elk Road from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.

George Leven is a legend when it comes to our little Tank Tour. His is certainly one of the most admirable systems in town and you can see it for yourself on Sunday February 20th from noon until 5:00pm at 2363 Panorama Cres. For that showing I'm going to try and get coverage in the Free Press as I've occasionally done in the past.

By the way, the thread for last year's Reef Tank Tour is here in case anyone wants to check out the old pictures or ramblings. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56446

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 02-02-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM

Here are a few quick pictures from today's showing of the UNBC Reef Tank! If I'm not mistaken the last one is a Nassarius snail right? Someone please chime in if you know.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM