Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo
Default The 4th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour

Since 2006 Prince George has been host to what we like to call The Reef Tank Tour. Founded by Karen Allan, The Reef Tank Tour was started as a means of educating new arrivals to the hobby of saltwater aquaria in the north by providing them with an opportunity to see first hand some of the thriving and successful reef aquariums in the area. Already close to 60 people have hand a chance to view over 2000 gallons of saltwater in Prince George homes! Every tank provides a little something different for its viewers to learn and grow from... and I'm not just talking about frags. So I hope you'll join us all again this year as we once again showcase some of the most spectacular reef aquariums in the north!

The Prince George Reef Tank Tour will run for the months of October 2009 through to March 2010 with one tank being featured each month (if all goes as planned). At this time we are still in the planning stages of this years Tank Tour so I will continue to post information as it becomes available. In the mean time here are some pictures of previously featured reef aquariums in Prince George:

Doug's 2007

George's 2007

Lonnies's 2007

Russell's 2008

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 12-09-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 PM

Subject to further notice this is the lineup for this years circuit of reef tank showings. Of course if anyone else in the area would like to show their tank in the Tank Tour there is always room for more!

George in December
(myself) Russell in January
UNBC in February
Doug in March
Hopefully others?

Once we get closer to each month I'll post the exact dates, times, locations, contact information and anything else of relevance in this thread.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 01-31-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Lonnie's 500gal

Lonnie's tank showing has been postponed until until further notice. Stay tuned for an update with a new time in the new year. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 01-12-2010 at 05:34 AM. Reason: tank showing cancelled!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Default George's 225gal

The second showing of this years Reef Tank Tour will be George Leven's meticulous 225gal reef tank! The open house will take place on Saturday December 12th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at 2363 Panorama Cres (in the Hart area). Once more the community frag tank will be available for anyone interested in buying or selling some of their frags during this tank showing. Email ahead to RSVP your space ASAP to whatcaneyedo@gmail.com. In addition to frags people are also welcome to bring used equipment and drygoods for sale for which no reservations are necessary.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 12-01-2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: new start time
Old 11-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Lego is on a distinguished road

usally pretty good to check out others tanks! i will be there... and a person usally can get some cheap coral!! Might have to throw mine in there... but my showing wouldn't be as nice as these showings.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:40 AM

Quick update. Lonnie's tank showing has been postponed until the new year. George is now showing his on Saturday December 12th from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Sorry any inconvenience.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 12-01-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 AM

Default Russell's 120gal

To start off the new year I will be showing my own 'high tech' 120gal reef aquarium. The open house will take place on Sunday January 10th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm at 4049 Campbell Ave. As always the community frag tank will be available for anyone interested in buying or selling some of their frags during this tank showing. Email ahead to RSVP your space ASAP to whatcaneyedo@gmail.com. In addition to frags people are also welcome to bring used equipment and drygoods for sale for which no reservations are necessary.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM

Last edited by whatcaneyedo; 12-01-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Another update. The Prince George Free Press newspaper will be doing a story (with a large color picture) on George's tank showing this weekend. You will be able to find the story in next weeks Wednesday edition so keep your eye out for it! Once its published I'll either scan it or try and find the article on their website and post a link/image here.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Wow! Those are some stunning tanks, please post updated photos if you have them!!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:27 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road

That's pretty cool. Post a link or a scan of the article when it comes out

Cheers,
Vic