Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM

sarzeff is on a distinguished road
Default Kootenay Petopia

Just got off the phone with the owner, marine is in the works for them there. Everything is getting set up but he still has no idea exactly when it will be going. But it's coming!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:34 PM

chris121277 is on a distinguished road

Does he actually have water in the tanks cycling?........he has been telling me that since last October LOL
Old 09-14-2009, 03:21 PM

Haha yeah maybe it will still be a while. He said he finially figured out how his set up is going to work. The staff told me to call so he knows there is more demand.

He did say, if I wanted anything for my tank, that he could order it in with his fish order. Would just have to come pick it up Friday.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

i've had that discussion with him too about coming to pick it up on a certain day. i was trying to get frozen food and had no luck with them
Old 09-15-2009, 01:32 PM

so...what happend with that Rob, did he tell you he would bring some in for you? have you tried ordering any fish or live stock threw him?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 AM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

he said he would get it in but it never showed up. i gave up after a few tries. as for livestock, i never really gave him a chance after not being able to get some frozen food.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

One of the few times I've spoke with him he said that he has to have his supplier come in to train his staff on how to keep marine life. I told him my services would be available to him but nothing has happened yet. Maybe I'll go in there and hound him again. If the pressure gets to thick he might actually do something....and save us from the other guy's outragous prices.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 09-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Hahaha that is too funny Well I'm not so hopeful that they will start getting marine in any time soon then. As for Kootenay Critters, they have been very nice to me the past few times I've been in there. I seem to remember though, that they can be nice or rude depending on their mood.

I wonder if the prices would be much better at Petopia. I have to think that once you factor in shipping here, it might not be much lower than Kootenay Critters. We'll have to see I guess if they ever get it. I'll try asking him about ordering livestock in, get an idea of pricing and see if he will actually follow through.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM

I was in Petopia over the week end and the owner told me that his fish rep was coming in on Tuesday to set up his tanks.....apparently he is going to be stocking corals and fish!

Sure will be nice to have another place to buy from around here
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

I'll believe it when I seen it.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041