Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-23-2003, 07:16 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road
Default Lost and Found cash

Well, I found some cash (enough to buy a new coral colony) on the floor in a fast-food restaurant and thought the right thing to do was to hand it over to them in case the person who dropped it comes to make a claim. So I thought if no one claims it then I, being the finder, can claim it. So the employee says fine, I can come by in the evening. So I did and then the owner or supervisor tells me that it is their money now and that I am not entitled to claim it. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was standard practise for the finder to keep lost and found items if it isn't claimed by anyone. Well anyways, I thought they were pretty unethical about it.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Sam, does this place have a head office? Maybe you can complain. Maybe you'll have to just live with the fact that you're a better person than the owner/manager.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:28 PM

Its a Quizno's franchise. They might have some sort of head office.

Last night, the lady (some sort of supervisor or possibly owner in disguise) told me that the manager took the money home and that I made the mistake and should have just kept the money instead of giving it to them.

Then, the story this same lady gave me this morning was that someone came in after I left last night and claimed the money. I asked to speak to the manager so that I can collaborate her story and she tells me that he can't the answer the phone and took my number down. I haven't heard back. I'm just going to write the manager/owner a letter of complaint. But if they are already the ones stealing then its probably not going to be effective.

The money isn't what is ****ing me off (I decided after this fiasco that I would just give it to the employees as a big tip) as much as their business practise and ethics.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw
Its a Quizno's franchise.
That explains a lot right there....
Old 04-23-2003, 07:35 PM

I called back to get the name of the manager so that I can write a complaint. He said that he was the manager and that he was really busy and hung up on me. Unbelievable. All I asked for was a name.

They are on Bridgeport and St. Edwards in Richmond.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Just a guy..

see my previous comment :-)
Old 04-23-2003, 07:41 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

all i have to say is that i have known a few people who work at quizno's - i advise all calgarians to avoid the locations in the NW. people think mcdonalds is bad, i can say that in the two and a half years i worked there, i never saw any of the stereotypic spiteful actions being engaged in - in one night hanging out in quizno's, i saw them all.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 04-23-2003, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf
see my previous comment :-)
Didn't understand the previous comment.

I like eating at Quizno's though.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Just a guy..

Sam, I too enjoy eating there, but in talking to an owner of one here, the company itself really sucks. And the store beside my office sucks too, and I wouldn't go back there if the food was free. If I found any money at a Quizno's, I would turn it in to the local police dep't instead.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:01 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
all i have to say is that i have known a few people who work at quizno's - i advise all calgarians to avoid the locations in the NW. people think mcdonalds is bad, i can say that in the two and a half years i worked there, i never saw any of the stereotypic spiteful actions being engaged in - in one night hanging out in quizno's, i saw them all.
Ah shoot, Quinn, I've eaten at the Country Hills location... feeling a little queasy now...

Is the day shift any better??