Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM

RonPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Hidden Reef?

Are these guys still around or have they shut down? Thanks.
65 gallon tank, 3 gallon refugium, 90lbs LR, 50 lbs live sand, Coralife Super Skimmer 125, 24" 250 watt DE Pendant w/14K Hamilton. 1 ocellaris clowns,1 Tomini Tang, 6 line wrasse, 12 turbo grazer snails, 12 nassarius snails, 12 Cerith. Open Brain, Metallic Green Brain, candy cane coral, 1 enchino frags, and 2 maxima clam.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:54 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Still around...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:18 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

i have a friend down who was there the other day, picking up her tank and overheard some people talking about them shutting down. not sure if it was people working there or just customers and rumors.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

They've shut down their website already. I also noticed that they don't have a thread on here anymore.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:19 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

theyre still around and no talks of shutting down. they took the website down because of the difficulty of maintaining it and no time to do so.

my tank setup
Old 04-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

so quite the opposite then?
they are so busy there that they don't even have the time to maintain and operate a thread here or their website?
good on them....
Old 04-25-2008, 07:12 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

I think it is more of a restructuring right now. Mike had some staff issues and is trying to sort out some of the problems that developed with that issue. I think he will bouce back in a bit. As a business owner myself I am well aware of how a staff issue can create headaches for the owner. I for one will continue to try to support him whenever I can. I would hate to see him or any other business go under. Mike has always greeted me with a smile and provided me with good service, which I can't say the same about other LFS's. When I walk into a shop I want to be treated the same, whether I spend $5.00 or $5000.00, with a little courtesy, respect and acknowledgement. I was in a LFS a few weeks back and had pre-ordered some livestock and product. I waited for over an hour for someone to even notice me, oh sure they would walk by smile and keep on going but nobody even asked if I needed a hand. They had 2 people putting together another order for one person whick when I watched them add it ip it was about $750.00. It took two people to do this and there were several customers around the store, for the record my order was $475.00 and took about 10 minutes for one person to fill. Customer service was poor. Will I go back?? Probably as they are the only ones that carry a certain product I use. Will I buy as much??? Probably not, and if I find another shop that sells my product...who knows if I will ever go back. I am not saying you can't have problems with any store, but this wasn't the first time this happened so I am less likely to give them another chance. There is a saying in business, "Most people don't complain-They just don't go back".
Old 04-25-2008, 09:06 PM

RonPeter is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies and PM's my question has been answered.
65 gallon tank, 3 gallon refugium, 90lbs LR, 50 lbs live sand, Coralife Super Skimmer 125, 24" 250 watt DE Pendant w/14K Hamilton. 1 ocellaris clowns,1 Tomini Tang, 6 line wrasse, 12 turbo grazer snails, 12 nassarius snails, 12 Cerith. Open Brain, Metallic Green Brain, candy cane coral, 1 enchino frags, and 2 maxima clam.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:12 AM

Cameron is on a distinguished road

I would like to thank Mike at Hidden Reef for his excellent service this weekend, after being run off his feet by being the only one in the store he makes a point to acknowledge everyone who walks in the store while still serving 5 people at once.

WOW......PS thanks for the goodies!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

That's awesome. I hope he is able to make things right again.