Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road
Default a few pics

red open brain

not sure of the name but thanks to danny for the frag

flower pot, sure tough to get true colour. any ideas from all you camera/ picaholics?

someone mentioned using a program to zoom and crop, what program are you guys using?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 PM

RonPeter is on a distinguished road

Nice pictures Rob. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 5. There's also Picasa2 which is a free download that works OK.
65 gallon tank, 3 gallon refugium, 90lbs LR, 50 lbs live sand, Coralife Super Skimmer 125, 24" 250 watt DE Pendant w/14K Hamilton. 1 ocellaris clowns,1 Tomini Tang, 6 line wrasse, 12 turbo grazer snails, 12 nassarius snails, 12 Cerith. Open Brain, Metallic Green Brain, candy cane coral, 1 enchino frags, and 2 maxima clam.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Nice! I use Photoshop CS. Great program, but expensive (unless you pick it up in Thailand for $2! But I would never do that....)

BTW, the flower pot looks a bit bleached. Is it, or is that just the colours/white balance going wonky?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 AM

the flower pot is a floursent yellow, i just can't capture that colour with my new camera (couldnt with the old one either)
i need to play with the menu's and look for white balance
Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 AM

the flower pot is a fluorescent yellow, i just can't capture that colour with my new camera (couldnt with the old one either)
i need to play with the menu's and look for white balance

Last edited by robzilla; 05-20-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

The frag in your 2nd picture looks like A. millepora to me but kind of small to tell for sure.

Greg
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 AM

hey greg, your good at taking pics. what white setting do you use on your camera? how about sharpness? and colour setting? natural,low or high? any other adjustments?
once my mh light comes on tomorrow i'll play with the settings but like to know what you prefer,

thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 01:28 AM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

It's a Prostrata Acropora, blue variant. Looks nice in there. Where did you put the caps frags?
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 05-21-2007, 02:53 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
hey greg, your good at taking pics. what white setting do you use on your camera? how about sharpness? and colour setting? natural,low or high? any other adjustments?
once my mh light comes on tomorrow i'll play with the settings but like to know what you prefer,

thanks
I am only using a Sony cyber-shot pocket camera. I generally leave my setting on automatic, flash off and always keep the macro setting on. That way I can crop and magnify to get a macro result.
I almost said it's either a A. mille or A. pro but thought I'd just gamble on the former. At the frag stage it's difficult to tell what's millepora vs prostrata. Their fuzzy appearance looks very close. Either way it will be a nice coral.

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 05-21-2007 at 03:23 AM.