Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2006, 08:36 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road
Default 265 gallon setup

here is a couple pictures of my new 265 gallon tank on the stand, it is a little difficult to see where it ends but the cardboard on top is the cap and goes the whole length, there is another tank up against it at the end, sorry for the bad picture. the dimensions are 84"L X 24"W X 30"D. and the other pic is of the 5 chamber reactor, its also not a great photo but there will be better ones later. this reactor is amazing, it does it all and then some. definitely worth looking into for you to upgrade or to even start with a calcium reactor. i've got everything from hidden reef and they have been amazing, mike nikki and mark have spent countless hours answering my questions and bending over backwards to help me out. the tank should be plumbed in the next week, hopefully earlier (huh hmmm mike?) just kidding. i'm using a 70 gallon sump underneath with a dart for a return and a barracuda for the closed loop, i'm thinking this is still insufficient flow in the tank but we'll see how it turns out. skimmer is still in the air as to what to use but mike is looking into some options. some of you may have followed my other post of starting a 125 but i upgraded from that before it was done, figured it was easier to do now rather than later. for additional flow i'm thinking possibly 2 tunzes with controller or wavy seas with controller. i'm leaning towards tunzes but hope you guys can give some input here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_0505.jpg (24.0 KB, 994 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_0506.jpg (32.4 KB, 759 views)

my tank setup

Last edited by niloc16; 09-14-2006 at 05:52 PM.