Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 AM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Asking for help

I'm not sure what's happening as of this moment, but my stepdad just had a massive heart attack tonight - we don't know yet if he's going to make it. Either way I will need to go this week to be with my mom. If it turns out to be bad - my sweetie will have to come as well. I would just like to have somebody on standby to drop in and make sure my tank doesn't become soup while I'm gone. At this time I don't know what I can offer in return - if it comes down to it I could ask a friend... but I would prefer an experienced reefer who knows what to do and to not overfeed or anything. This may take up to a week... I may not need anyone, but I just would like to try to be prepared if necessary.
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 AM

IPZ is on a distinguished road

Tell Sandy to call me if there is a problem Jim. ....... Sorry to hear about your stepdad.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:34 AM

Thanks Scott. I may do that, it just depends on what happens in the next 24 hours. I talked to my brother tonight and he's not very optimistic, but I'm praying.
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:04 PM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Jim,

I am here until this Saturday and then will be gone for 10 days. If you need me to stop by to help this week, I drive by your house twice a day.

I'll PM you my numbers.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:47 PM

Thanks Brennan, thank you so much, I can't describe how your generous offer has made me feel this morning... and thanks to the rest of you who have offered their support.

I have to leave to go be with my mom today and will be contacting Scott to arrange something, and I will forward your info to him and maybe you guys can co-ordinate so it doesn't impose on anyone too much.

Again to everyone - thank you for being there for me during this difficult time.

Jim.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

sent PM

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:12 AM

sea gnome is on a distinguished road

HI Jim, Sorry about your step-dad, hope things are going better. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Rachel
Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 AM

Thanks again to all... He passed away Tuesday afternoon, but thanks to some heroic work by my family and the EMT's that attended him along with me arriving as quickly as possible, I got here in time to say my goodbyes. He is already sorely missed, he was a great man, friend, dad, husband, uncle etc etc etc. This was sudden and unexpected, but I am surrounded by my wonderful family, and we are coping OK. Scott at IPZ is doing what is necessary to keep my tank going until I return. Again, I thank you all for your support and the offers, and any of you out there put me at the top of your lists if you ever require any similar support...

Jim.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Jim, I am very sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for you and your family.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:26 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Very sorry to hear of your loss Jim. We are also praying for you and yours.