Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 11-27-2005, 06:02 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road
Default November 26 meet in Duncan

THANKS Christy for all the things that you did to make this happen! I think there are more to thank but she really stepped up to the plate....I had a great time as did my husband Larry and daughter Edele, FINALLY we can put some faces to names and such!
Thanks to Manny for the zoos...all mounted and should be showing their colors soon.
Can't wait for the next meet...now that we all know each other or at least have "broken the ice" it will be a lot more comfortable, and hopefully then I will be able to share some frags!

Nice to meet everyone and see you soon!

OOPS...thanks to Scott for providing/paying for the meeting place!

Old 11-27-2005, 06:54 AM

strat is on a distinguished road

Yes, thanks to christy and all involved. It was cool to meet everyone. Thanks too (christy and manny) for the frags I got. Hopefully they will take. Nice to make some contacts for frag exchange and advice etc. Its great for a newb.

thanks all

kris
30 gallon tall tank, 2 clowns, 1 yellow goby, 1 bicolor blenny, snails, 1 fire shrimp, bubble coral, brain coral, shrooms, zoos, organ pipe coral, hammer coral, GSP, yellow polyps, etc. 175 Ushio MH, NO actinic, one Prism skimmer, and one Prism Pro skimmer (both running), Aquaclear Mini for Carbon, 2 Maxijets..
Old 11-27-2005, 05:39 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Strat, what kinds of Electrical work do you do?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:51 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Just want to add, it was a good chance to put names to faces, even if I only remember two or 3 today but I am bad for that.

A couple comments, I agree with Christy that Trading, and group buys shouldn't be a main purpose of the club but rather a benefit that can be done behind the scene. I think one of the main benefits of having a club is just meeting the people, once you do this then trading/buying/what ever equipment and frags can happen at anytime and not just once ever 3 months or whenever there is a meeting. As for group buys it is great IPZ has stepped up to the plate and is offering volume discounts, it is good to see local business that will do that for groups/clubs. I used to deal with IPZ when he was in Victoria and it is good to see he is still going and still fairly close.

Also I want to thank , I believe it was Strat and his wife, for the rock, it is already in the temp tank, oh and PM me your address/phone number so I can arrange to drop off that towel, I am in that area of Vic almost every night (not sure about tonight though yet).

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:45 PM

IslandReefer is on a distinguished road
Default Meet

Yes Thanks Christy and Scott,
Great turnout, nice to put some faces to the names

its all about quality, not quantity.....
...when in doubt buy a Binford....
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 PM

BCWolfen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to BCWolfen

It was great fun meeting everyone (some again). I'm looking forward to having more of these on a regular basis.

Thanks Christy for spearheading the meeting, (we'll get you a gavel *wink* )

And thanks Scott for arranging the room and your offers of support to the group. Shame your shipment wasn't in for everyone to pick over lol but we'll see what you get in Monday.
Home:160Gal. Foxface, Yellow Tang, Blue Tang, Coral Beauty, Lawnmower Blenny, Starwberry Dottyback, Mandarin Goby, 2 Percula Clowns, Green Brittle Star, Brown Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Cleaner Shrimp
Store: 33Gal. Green Brittle Star, Chocolate Chip Star, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 11-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Manny is on a distinguished road

yes it was agreat turn out. hopefully the next meet will get even more people out. i hope that those zoos make it, Chaloupa, they were in transit for quite a while. Thank you for the great meet Christy and thank you for the frags. The birds nest had polyp extrnsion 10min after I put it into the tank and the porities has come out now too.

it's not the size of the fish, it's the motion in the ocean!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:05 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Hey Manny-good news...they got cold, sat in a bag for how long? and today they are all out in their splendor...so they look great!

Old 11-28-2005, 05:09 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys and gals,

Glad to hear you all had a good time. Thanks to Scott who booked and paid for the meeting room

And thanks to those that took a little piece of my tank home with them. Now I have more real estate!!! Woot!!

Christy

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:17 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

uh oh... Christy's gearing up for a spending spree again.