Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

I've been spending lots of time with our one year old granddaughter. She's a hoot! She's walking, plays hide and seek, says uh-oh (Chris and I taught her that one ), and is generally a joy to be around Being "Grandma" has given me a whole new outlet for my silliness

The rest of the summer will be spent slowly consolidating our 37g and 67g livestock into our 120g, doing Condo Treasurer stuff, trying to stay cool, baby, and of course playing with my granddaughter.

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 07-21-2006, 03:13 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

I have been very busy on my Summer Holidays Just dropped 8K on my yard landscaping sodding man I need a break......
\

Swinmming in our
pool Man But I have quite the Sun tan.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Also very busy since moving into the city. Like Bev, spending lots of time with our grandaughters and daughter.

Also very busy landscaping the new property. Building decks, fences and so on. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Sheez, I will need to un-retire now.

My new 65g is now running. Not much livestock yet. Sold most all when I moved. Still have my mated percs and my 2+yr. old copperband, that I dont have the heart to part with.

Limited posting time for now.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:54 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

After some thought, I've decided to take a day out of my vacation to do some badly needed work on my tank. I need to re-arrange my rockwork which has been sound for the past 15 months. Many of my corals are outgrowing their current positions.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 07-21-2006, 08:14 PM

SJSobczyk is on a distinguished road

Pretty busy summer for me as well. As some other members i have been planning my wedding/honeymoon, but the easy thing is we are getting married in St Lucia so they pretty much do all the work.
This past weekend was the first time i have actually been home all weekend, travelled all across BC and Alberta, camping, visiting customers etc.
Stampede took out a large chunk of my budget for entertaining etc, but its worth every penny spent!

Steve
Old 07-21-2006, 08:18 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSobczyk
Pretty busy summer for me as well. As some other members i have been planning my wedding/honeymoon, but the easy thing is we are getting married in St Lucia so they pretty much do all the work.
This past weekend was the first time i have actually been home all weekend, travelled all across BC and Alberta, camping, visiting customers etc.
Stampede took out a large chunk of my budget for entertaining etc, but its worth every penny spent!

Steve
Cool... stampede sucked for me .. of course, this is my experience. It's over priced, over crowded and just no more fun for me. People are rude, have no manners, and are just flat out ignorant. I guess that's why it was my first year back since 2003 or something... I find stampede to be a joke now. I couldn't believe the people there... everyone was so crabby and ignorant... I think there were close to 3 times that me and the guys almost had a tussle... obviously we're minding our own.. people just blow my mind these days. It was pretty shocking to me... I've never been to a place where the people have been like that.

There's my 2 thumbs up for Stampede .
Old 07-21-2006, 08:27 PM

SJSobczyk is on a distinguished road

I guess you have to expect that with the amount of people that go through the gates. I just love the whole experience of Stampede. When you hear people talk about how they love the city and people, makes you feel proud.

Just my 2 cents!

Steve
Old 07-21-2006, 08:44 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I expected it.. but to what degree I think is what matters. When your walking around with your friends and have people come out of no where to pick a fight it really drives you away from things like that. Also makes you wonder what the hell those people are thinking to make them act like that... (or drinking.. haha)

Like I said, this is my experience.. surely not everyones is the same. I know people get drunk, get stupid, whatever... is that really a fair excuse though?? haha..

Last edited by OCDP; 07-21-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:48 PM

J Feez is on a distinguished road

It seems like all the people you find at the stampede who are ignorant are out of towners, because from my experience Calgarians have a lot of pride in their city and respect for the people who live and visit here. Also, with that much alcohol flowing freely, people tend to get a little out of control at times.

For me the summer has been going smoothly. Haven't really had the time to do much. Working at the airport on these hot summer days can be alittle taxing on the body after a 12 hour shift. You can pretty much conservatively add 15 degrees to whatever the temperature is outside to get an accurate reading of the temperature while working around those planes. I definately have not put on any summer beer weight though! Sweat a little too much

Heading to London, England at the end of the month as well

39 gallon Reef (39lbs of LR)
1 - Coral Beauty
1 - False percula clown
1 - Cleaner Shrimp
4 - Algea Eating Hermits
2 - Turbo Snails
Old 07-24-2006, 02:31 AM

BMW Rider is on a distinguished road

Well lets see, my wifes Grandma passed away so we had a house full of family for a week, then we were on holidays, went away on our motorcycles for a few days, meanwhile my wife got a promotion so holidays interupted by work stuff, then off the Edmonton for the Grand Prix races, just got home and looks things might finally return to normal (whatever that is) as we go back to work this week. Now I gotta get busy doing all the work that I've put off at home as well. I need to get the basement done for this fall so we can finally sit and enjoy the tank down here.

Ed
60 gallon winter tank for pond fish.
300 gallon pond with waterfall.