Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   psssst. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26023)

OCDP 07-20-2006 08:35 PM

psssst.

It's getting quiet around here... I guess it's about that time of year.

What's everyone's summer been like so far?

christyf5 07-20-2006 08:41 PM

Well mine has sucked so far. I've been without a job since April, no money to go anywhere/do anything and my tank has been RTNing like nobodys business.

Just thought I'd shed a ray of sunshine on everyones day :razz:

fortheloveofcrabs 07-20-2006 08:49 PM

Mine has been pretty good, but very busy. I started a new tank (a 2.5 on my desk at work) - so that was cool. I bought a new watch - exciting when you're a time piece junky (just what I need, en? TWO expensive hobbies). I've been in and out of town quite a bit as well. In the last four months, I've been to New York, Kelowna, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Ft. Worth. This month I'm out again to NYC, and then off to Las Vegas in mid August. So flying has been nuts (thank goodness that the boss is paying for the flights, en?) But other than that, I've been trying to spend as much time with my wife. What about you? Playing drums? Actually, pretty cool story: one of my co-workers is away in Europe with his band touring. He's a drummer as well. Well, maybe it's not 'pretty cool', perhaps just 'sorta cool' - maybe even just plain 'interesting'... maybe not even that... Sigh... Well, back to work...

-Pauli

danny zubot 07-20-2006 09:05 PM

Wedding planning, house hunting, honeymoon planning, and maybe the occasional minute to myself.:wink:

Quote:

Well mine has sucked so far. I've been without a job since April,
Whatcha lookin' for?

christyf5 07-20-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny zubot

Whatcha lookin' for?

A winning lottery ticket :razz:

Currently I'm floundering around in biology, specifically fish (aquacultured species) health, not having much luck.

I should have been an Albertan, all you guys are rich :wink:

seashells 07-20-2006 09:14 PM

Busy!!! Busy!!! Pool SEASON!!! Pool chemicals, cleaning pools, changing sand filters, backwashing, clearing up green pools, repairing cuts in pool liners( trying to get the glue out of your hair afterward...well should probably shave my head.) and just falling into the pool when the work gets too hot! Anyone looking for a summer job???

Joys of owning a pool store!

Doug & Shellie

OCDP 07-20-2006 09:18 PM

Heh... no wife , house , kids or anything like that for me.... yet. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the job thing Christy.. Keep your chin up though. You'll be back at it in no time. :)

Everyone sounds pretty busy so far.. wish I could go on about my busy life hahah... well, I could...

I have been playing lots of drums , as always.. (how'd you know i was a drummer pauli??) Drums are my "escape" at the end of the day.. nothing better than banging the crap out of the drums after a long day at the office. The band is going well and we will be hitting the bars and pubs in Calgary very shortly.. watch out for us calgarians. We aren't too bad at all if I may say so myself.

I am making plans to get back into school, get myself into SAIT for a Computer Technology course. I have to upgrade a whole damn year in math first though... yipee.

Been doing a bit of camping, leaving again Sunday to Cypress Hill (haha...) for 6 days.. should be good. We get back on my birthday (30th) and then a couple days after we're back out camping again for a few days.

Pretty nervous about leaving the tank and all, but I have someone to watch it , that I trust. So I am confident it'll be okay.

Keeping busy can be a good thing.

fortheloveofcrabs 07-20-2006 09:30 PM

How did I know you were a drummer? I'm psychic of cource. Ahem...

OCDP - Orange County Drums & Percussion

At least that's what you said on the post saying how you picked your user name.

Don't worry Christy, you'll find a job (especially if you move to Alberta!). I mean who WOULDN'T want to hire someone that's into reefing! Is it on your resume?

I dunno about the rest of you, but owning a pool store sounds like best job in the world! Step aside rock star there's a new top-dog in town.

OCDP 07-20-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortheloveofcrabs
How did I know you were a drummer? I'm psychic of cource. Ahem...

OCDP - Orange County Drums & Percussion

At least that's what you said on the post saying how you picked your user name.

ahah, right.. forgot about that thread.

TheReefGeek 07-20-2006 09:35 PM

I have been busy wedding planning planning, honeymoon planning, and researching cameras. Also been training my dog to swim and stay still in a boat in preperation for our honeymoon too.

House is a mess, yard is a mess, renos are on hold, tank needs work as always. Trying to get it prepared for my 3 week wedding/honeymoon.

Just never enough hours in the day, but that is how I like it too.