Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 10-28-2009, 03:50 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Glad to see Dave pulled through on this one! We do all get busy, and yes I have a life actually a very productive one including being a full time university student, having a part time job, taking care of my 220g system among various other stuff. Maybe you need to start participating in the Drama Cooper, the people on this forum are a riot !
Old 10-28-2009, 04:41 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
... There is a lot of drama on this forum and that's why I rarely participate on any thread. Get a life people!
Please do participate more. It's not like the internet is real, we're just a figment of your imagination...

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 10-28-2009, 11:46 AM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

You and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPotter View Post
I don't know who falls into "you people" and I can't speak for others but I work full time...if I didn't I don't think I could manage this hobby!
Agreed - because of your efforts, and of course JPotters', probably the reason I did not get a PM from either one of you yesterday.

IMO most members on this board are genuinely good people with good intentions, probably the reason this board is the busiest in Canada and has more active members than any other board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock169 View Post
This was unnecessary. I do work full time. I think you would also be concerned if $300 worth of merchanise you ordered ended with someone else. And I havent been hard on Dave, I've just been trying to help him get his stuff to the right person.
Please read the posts in the thread whenever possible. I was aware of this issue before I was aware of this thread, I noted this and so did JPotter in out posts (as I replied to her PM the day before I was aware this thread existed).

I do agree with your comment regarding the empathy of fellow reefers, and that not all people handle mix ups the same and may seek input from fellow reefers. Readers should know however that my plans for addressing this issue were already in place before I learned of this thread, and that they have not changed since this thread was created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Seems to me that if this thread wasn't here Dave may still not be aware of the problem and JPotter would be getting more upset by the day. Dave admitted his mistake and is taking action to make good for the mix up. A little empathy from fellow reefers is good thing IMO and people should not be chastised for caring.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:06 PM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

It seems each of has a somewhat different take on the time line of events re this frag mix up. When push comes to shove timelines can readily be contructed from PMs, emails and thread posts.

Through a series of events of which I was unaware I was concerned by the lack of response to repeated attempts to contact wicked frags..PM, email and finally this thread.

It would have been nice if there was prior awareness of an issue, and a plan to rectify it, to have been party to that information.

The difference in time zones skews ones perception of "day". I did have an email from Dave in my box when I got home last night and I did reply to it yesteday.

I am grateful to those who have participated in this thread and who have assisted in getting this incident resolved.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:15 AM

JPotter is on a distinguished road

***Picked up the frags tonight !**** Thanks Derek, thanks Dave and Derek added a frag of one his acros.

I have never received shipped frags before but I think they will be fine.. the grapejelly looks a bit like a soft grey-lavender coral with a good tan...but the sunset monti arrived like a ray of sunshine. Hopefully the grapejelly will color up. How long can I expect to wait to see polyps?

Thank you all for your support.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Yay! Looks like a happy ending after all - we all deserve a group hug!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear everything is now in your hands. Regarding the grape jelly, well the polyps are very small and not a a different colour so they are not significant like that of the sunset monti (yes a true ray of sunshine!). Move it up gradually in your tank to mid-high level for best colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPotter View Post
***Picked up the frags tonight !**** Thanks Derek, thanks Dave and Derek added a frag of one his acros.

I have never received shipped frags before but I think they will be fine.. the grapejelly looks a bit like a soft grey-lavender coral with a good tan...but the sunset monti arrived like a ray of sunshine. Hopefully the grapejelly will color up. How long can I expect to wait to see polyps?

Thank you all for your support.
Agreed. Best possible result given the mistake, thanks again Derek and Janne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkshiu View Post
Yay! Looks like a happy ending after all - we all deserve a group hug!