Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Ocean Aquatics

Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM

reptile guy is on a distinguished road

This is Jim from OA the guy you were speaking with yesterday. I'm not on here too often ( young kids at home take up a lot of ones time lol ) but Wendell told me about the comments you made about the store so felt I should address. At the moment yes parts of the store are in a bit of disarray because of renovations with large tanks being moved and taken down and soon a new frag tank to be put up. While by no means a disaster the shops not as tidy because of that fact. Lots of big displays, hardware and all types of products would be great but require funding to do so and funding we don't have. It's not that easy or simple in a hobby that's slow right now with a lot of people that have gotten out and not many getting in. You can't order and do all these things if your funding doesn't allow it though it is something were working on and will hopefully be changes upcoming. We used to have 3 people on during the week now except for one day there's just one. Most of the time during the week it's just me here so hard to keep on top of it all and make all the improvements we would like to see done. It's unfortunate to hear a store on the island seems to be closing as I'm a hobbyist first and love to see all the stores stay a float but such a tight market right now. While were not where we'd like to be just yet we're working on some of those goals which will hopefully be a benefit to our customers. If you come into the store to talk to me you will always get an honest answer and will always do my best to help you out. If I don't know the answer will tell you and will not make one up. If I show you a product and seem excited about it it will be because I am and likely want the same for my tank ( new LED lighting for my 300 lol Also something I'm working on lol ). First and foremost we believe in running the store honestly so is why I'm being upfront and telling you how things are. We have some great customers ones I love to chat and joke around with whether there buying something or not there always great to see. If you feel our store is very disappointing then there's plenty of other stores to shop at but I have to disagree and know our good customers will still come in. I feel making such a judgement call on one visit seems quite hasty but everyone is entitled to there thoughts.Funds maybe tight at the moment as they are for so many stores but things are slowly being addressed and I still take pride in OA. That's my rant for the day and thanks to all our customers posted the nice words and hope to see and chat with you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
My first visit to Ocean Aquatics was very disappointing.
I expected to see many more shelves filled with hardware I might like to take home.
The store was a mess, both the shelf and tank area.
Their frag tanks are, IMHO, the only are worth looking at.
They have some nice specimens to view, but I think they would do a much better job selling product if they were to clean up the store, create some displays to showcase the products they sell, get rid of the mess, and build some displays.
They are wasting rented space.
I'll say it once again for posture ....
They have nice frag tanks to look at, but that is all.
I would like to see them utilize their space to it's full potential.

Last edited by reptile guy; 04-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 PM

Stores free and clear to walk around just too many things on the go lol. Don't eat them often but gotta say hard boiled eggs ain't bad lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
I do agree.... they should have a sign up or something.. but also it's a stores job to keep the area clean and safe for customers! I know in my old store if the floor was wet, we'd let them know to be careful, or excuse the mess if we were re-organizing things! who knows what the circumstances were though...

ps... still hate hard boiled eggs... bleh

Flash is on a distinguished road

are you open sundays? or even on May 21st?? i'll be in town and want to check it out!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!

subman is on a distinguished road

In all seriousness as a business owner I want to know when my customers aren't happy. Its a way to make changes and get better. I'm sure its a great store but Greg has said wat he saw and its up to them to make it better. For every Greg there are 10 others that just left to never return. Its never up to customers to ask why the store is in its contition or any other reason, its up to the staff to make sure they know what's going on.

Take the feedback and use it to improve.

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM

FINE... Jason.... You need to make sure that your M&M store in millwoods has more then peach juice to sample when I am there.....

just kidding... i only drink the peach juice! lol!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
FINE... Jason.... You need to make sure that your M&M store in millwoods has more then peach juice to sample when I am there.....

just kidding... i only drink the peach juice! lol!
NO JUICE FOR YOU!

(We dont have a juice machine any more lol)

My other summer hobby:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Yep open 12 to 5pm on Sundays. We only close for stat holidays. For sure come down and say Hi always great to meet new people

Quote:
are you open sundays? or even on May 21st?? i'll be in town and want to check it out!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM

I want as much feedback from our customers as I can so can improve there visits when they come in. Feedback is always welcome but felt I should address the issues and concerns he had as being very disappointed is something we never want anyone to feel. Better to have them leave happy and hopefully having a laugh or two at all the antics that seem to go on here lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
In all seriousness as a business owner I want to know when my customers aren't happy. Its a way to make changes and get better. I'm sure its a great store but Greg has said wat he saw and its up to them to make it better. For every Greg there are 10 others that just left to never return. Its never up to customers to ask why the store is in its contition or any other reason, its up to the staff to make sure they know what's going on.

Take the feedback and use it to improve.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
NO JUICE FOR YOU!

(We dont have a juice machine any more lol)
WHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTT???? Where did it go???!!! I would have paid top $$ for that!!! now I have even less of a reason to go there....

and it will be good to see another store. I went to J and L's last time I was there. I'll be staying at my parents place out in south delta so i'll stop by!! i'll have a hard time not buying anything as it will die!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile guy View Post
I want as much feedback from our customers as I can so can improve there visits when they come in. Feedback is always welcome but felt I should address the issues and concerns he had as being very disappointed is something we never want anyone to feel. Better to have them leave happy and hopefully having a laugh or two at all the antics that seem to go on here lol
Absolutely! I was typing as your replies came up, slow thumbs today.

I love the passion this hobby envokes. One person has a so so experience and we jump to the stores defence asap. It must be a great store and I will have to make a trip out that way one day as well.

My other summer hobby: