Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Ocean Aquatics (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ocean Aquatics - my first impression (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85698)

gregzz4 04-24-2012 04:58 AM

Ocean Aquatics - my first impression

My first visit to Ocean Aquatics was very disappointing.
I expected to see many more shelves filled with hardware I might like to take home.
The store was a mess, both the shelf and tank area.
Their frag tanks are, IMHO, the only are worth looking at.
They have some nice specimens to view, but I think they would do a much better job selling product if they were to clean up the store, create some displays to showcase the products they sell, get rid of the mess, and build some displays.
They are wasting rented space.
I'll say it once again for posture ....
They have nice frag tanks to look at, but that is all.
I would like to see them utilize their space to it's full potential.

Jason McK 04-24-2012 02:56 PM

It's too bad that you got that impression. You might not be aware that they are in the midst of a renovation and just took down the SPS show tank on Saturday, so yes the shop was a mess

NU-2reef 04-24-2012 03:13 PM

Did you say anything to the staff before ranting on a public forum? Maybe they have a valid reason if you cared to ask. I have found OA to be one of the most helpful shops in the area.

What's with all the whiners lately?

Snaz 04-24-2012 03:37 PM

That mess you saw was the result of Wendel doing a secret project in the rear half of the store. This area was was previously under used so I am excited as to what he may be cooking up.

I am glad that this owner appears to be upgrading where other stores are closing.

Flash 04-24-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NU-2reef (Post 709298)
Did you say anything to the staff before ranting on a public forum? Maybe they have a valid reason if you cared to ask. I have found OA to be one of the most helpful shops in the area.

+1.... ask questions first... rant later!

reefwars 04-24-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

no kidding lol:P

Leah 04-24-2012 04:01 PM

Didn't anyone tell ya's... it is TERRIBLE TUESDAY! Duh!

Aquatek 04-24-2012 04:02 PM

Good store. Great people. 'Nuff said.

Madreefer 04-24-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Nothing but good things to say about the store or the people that work there.

Seriak 04-24-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

IMO, I don't believe he was whining at all. Just giving his impression of the store on the day he visited. I think he did a good job not actually criticizing the store, but recommending possible improvements. And as you all pointed out there was an explanation for the current store disaray.