Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 AM

fencer is on a distinguished road

Mark that is one of the reasons why I will only sell at the reefers meetings
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Some people are just plain rude and selfish. I was going to type more but really thats all it boils down too.

I have to say I respect everyone who thinks this type of behavior is appalling.

I would also like to say that I'm thankful that I have meet way more good people in this hobby than bad.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer View Post
Mark that is one of the reasons why I will only sell at the reefers meetings
Or to me

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-09-2011, 03:54 AM

marcingo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by truperc View Post
I have always found it best just to pay what the person is asking if the price is fair. I have always found sellers here on Canreef very generous if you are willing to pay the asking price. More than once I have been given freebees. I like buying from fellow reefers, you are guaranteed to get healthy stock as it has multiplied or survived for some time in their tank.
Like me. I even offered to throw in some salt(free) with the price he agreed to and he still took advantage.

Oh well.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:12 AM

Vitaminz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Vitaminz

That really sucks, but you get that with anything you sell on line. Seems like with everything you try and help people out, there are those that take advantage. But I find there are more positive transactions than negative ones. I really appreciate all the experiences that I have experienced in this hobby, and all the great people that are here on Canreef.

Jeff
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 AM

marcingo is on a distinguished road

I agree. This is my first negative transaction in 10 years.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

It's not only the buyers that are the problem but lots of sellers too. Advertising items in mint condition when they are piles of crap. Not home at arranged times. Agreeing to a pick up time and then selling it to someone else before the agreed to time, which sadly some people think is ok. When I make an agreement with someone I always hold up my end, unfortunately some feel that they only need to keep their word if it's convenient. I also don't see the big deal if someone gives an initial lowball offer, people do realize that they don't have to respond, right? Trying to reduce the price after one has already been agreed upon is a different story however and I wouldn't tolerate it from anyone. This all being said, I have found most people on canreef to be great people to deal with and learned to never bring my wife because she ends up getting mad at me because it takes 3 hours of chat time to pick a fish or coral! So in the end I still won't hesitate to deal with fellow canreefers and think the bad apples are the vast minority.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:33 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you ran into bad people on canreef. I also deal with lots of canreef member over the years that i am in this hobby. There are lots of good ppl at beginning and lately it is getting worse as canreef forum grows.

Very frustrating sometimes.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure I should say anything but I'm finding I can't help myself. While I don't agree with low ballets etc I have to say karma sucks eh?

When I first got into this hobby and I didn't know much of anything marcingo (the OP) sold me a 30g cube tank and stand and a MH light. I was told it was all in good condition only to show up and see the tank had lots of scratches in it and the stand was also in rough shape not horrible but not "good" either. The MH light was awful I was under the impression that it was a store bought light and in good working condition. It was a DIY light that looked like a total fire hazard it had wires hanging out all over the place and was the worst MH light I have ever seen to this day in this hobby. I had agreed to the deal over pm's and felt like I couldn't back out since we had already made a deal and I did want the tank and stand however I was told it was a package deal and I had to buy it all or nothing. I honestly have never felt so ripped off and so bitter about a sale in this hobby as I felt with that sale. I ended up having to re-wire the whole MH light just for it to be safe to use

Last edited by fishoholic; 08-09-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:45 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

ya no kidding..

A couple of years ago I went to purchase a Regal Angel from a local canreefer that was shutting down her tank. There were a bunch of canreefers there at the time that I knew and that knew her. Plus she ran Big Als fish room at the time so I figured she was somewhat reputable. Anyway, long story longer, I gave her the money and she told me she'd net the Angel that night and drive it over to my place the next day. The Angel ended up spending the night in one of Big Al's tanks I was told, which was fine with me. Well, days passed but no Angel was delivered Repeated PMs, eMails and phone calls went into the ether. Eventually she disconnected her phone and moved..LOL. I laugh because I guess she really needed that money really bad to high tail it out of town. Just as well I guess. I do enjoy donating to charity from time to time.

Another sad story.. so 10 years ago I lent this guy my fish trap. For the sake of keeping his identity private I shall call him, "Levi". He told me countless times that he'd return my fish trap. To this day I am still without a fish trap..
Closed Thread