Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

it happens unfortunatly. I am sorry you had a bad experience. If you can't afford it going into the sale, be honest upfront instead of gaining a bad rep within the community. Sad to say that some people never learn and do constant business this way.

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:06 PM

Pirates_Gold is on a distinguished road

CANREEF has a "Sponsoring Vendors Rating Forum", so why not a "Members Rating Forum"? How can other members be warned about these losers? Is there a list posted somewhere? On the other hand, perhaps there are preferred members to buy from or sell to, but how do we know? Will we only find out too late? Perhaps the mods can provide some insight here.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates_Gold View Post
CANREEF has a "Sponsoring Vendors Rating Forum", so why not a "Members Rating Forum"? How can other members be warned about these losers? Is there a list posted somewhere? On the other hand, perhaps there are preferred members to buy from or sell to, but how do we know? Will we only find out too late? Perhaps the mods can provide some insight here.
I see your point... but people get nasty and I really don't see any good coming out of it.. it will just turn into a "he said/she said" issue...

I usually ask other reefers if it's someone I don't know... I check thier profile and post history, see if any other deals have been done with that person...

Just like with a site like Kijiji, you never know what you're going to get.

If the seller is not happy, say no... buyers, stop being so cheap and inconsiderate. the end!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:41 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

I have been ripped off 2x now, NEVER EVER AGAIN. I have had dealings from Manitoba to B.C. & all but 2 have been all good. I can't stand people that try to low ball or re-negotiate after agreement was made. Anyone who does this should be ashamed to show there face in public. I would also like to add that if there is an issue with a transaction they both parties to do every thing possible to solve it like responsible human beings. I like to think that I have a good track record with fellow members buying or selling. All I can say is don't rip me off unless you want me to track you down & show up at your door when you least expect it.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates_Gold View Post
Unfortunately that leads to more trouble than good. We have no way of knowing what really happened, and as always, there are three sides to every story. In the end, be a member here, participate in discussions, and you get to know the good members. If you just come here to shop, it's the same as any other online garage sale, you have to use common sense and feel out who you're dealing with. Most of the time you can tell by a person's post to your ad. If it's abrupt, the typical "hey, yo, call me, I want it, for real d00d" then I'd be skeptical Alternatively, if someone asks legitimate questions and deals with you politely and maturely, it's less likely to be a troublesome transaction. not always, but a good indicator of the type of person you're dealing with.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:49 AM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

My favourite is when you're trying to sell and someone says "What's the lowest you'll take?".... I always have to stifle the urge to snap back with "What's the most you'll pay "
Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 AM

truperc is on a distinguished road
Default etiquette

I have always found it best just to pay what the person is asking if the price is fair. I have always found sellers here on Canreef very generous if you are willing to pay the asking price. More than once I have been given freebees. I like buying from fellow reefers, you are guaranteed to get healthy stock as it has multiplied or survived for some time in their tank.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
My favourite is when you're trying to sell and someone says "What's the lowest you'll take?".... I always have to stifle the urge to snap back with "What's the most you'll pay "
Don't fight that urge Chris, I wouldn't even think twice about spitting that out myself.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Or I only have this much to give you , Well I only have a middle finger back to give you.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

I've had people show up short and just find it amazing. Also had the no shows (even when free) and though it bothers me to do so, now it's first come first served type thing (I'll make it know up front). Other thing, if you say you'll show up at 2:00, you're taking your chances showing up at 4:00 expecting me to be home.

Gotten to the point flushing xenia and macro is just easier.