Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

I'm in for $50 - $100. Please send me the list too.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauss View Post
I or Shelley maybe, if shes cool
With that, would contact you asking you what you are ordering to compile a master list then send it out to Burc.
I'm not overly reliable this time of year due to the government deadlines for oil and gas exploration in access restricted areas that I'm dealing with. The first rush is for October 15th. The second rush is for November 30th. I couldn't be relied on to be 100% focussed and on the ball until the first week of December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
how do i order if theres no site?? pics are great but i dont buy stuff that doesnt have a price lol if he updates the site ill be in if not ill pass.

this is the problem we had last time , half the list is pre sold and its too much complication....and trust me....with burc you need it to be easy with no confusion or you get nothing you ordered.

i guarantee you without the site everyones orders are gonna be mixed up.

this is coming from experience with burc, ask him to update the site with prices if yo guys want a good order.
I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
You can count me in for some Maxi Minis! Love those little buggers and have been wanting to set up a nano with a bunch of them and some inverts. I'm going to call it the Maxi Pad!
You came back...and then you go and post this.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Pics and prices are posted. I just want to know the site is up to date, not put in an order to find out its sold out.

its not up to date its been like that since spring , i doubt most of that is still available
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Last I checked with Burc, he still has lots of whats left on the website itself. The problem is with the new stuff he gets, people buy it all within a few days of him getting it.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
R.I.P.

I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.[/quote]

especially this time of year too where its cold , burcs not always theeasiest to deal with about returs or mix ups.

guys i love fragalots stuff , some of my best stuff over the years has come from him but it needs to be simple.

ask him to update the site and once its updated you will continue on with the group order, if theres a site you have some idea of what your ordering and proof it was advertised as such.

generally larger orders with lots of publicity get better results...he tends to ignore the quiet orders.

if he does update the site , i would be in for some things as he always has good stuff, i could even accept and have the facility to house the order plus im off during the days.

another tip:

dont pay untill you get confirmation of your order
dont order sps or nps corals

basically order stuff thats soft and can get tossed around or go long in transit.

zoos, lps and softies are usually the better.

if youve never ordered from fragalot before expect a substitution on some things...its his way of repeat business
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by strauss View Post
I have no issues doing this. I can get in contact with Burc and set this up/try and get an accurate stock list. I would think we should shoot for at least a week or 2 from now as it is supposed to warm up to around 10 degrees which is much better than now, and we should spend the extra 15$ for a saturday delivery. I have about 120 gallons of water with sump and tank combined so potentially I could hold stuff to be picked up depending on how large our order is. I live right by U of C in the nw so it's not exactly central but not bad either.
The location would be very convenient for me too. My place is like 10mins walk from UofC
Old 10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
Last I checked with Burc, he still has lots of whats left on the website itself. The problem is with the new stuff he gets, people buy it all within a few days of him getting it.

thats doesnt mean nothing to me no offenese, but him saying he has lots of whats left could mean anything...i already ordered off the exact site last time so unless its a new site im not interested at all.

i dont know about you but ive been dealing with burc since i started reefing(hes our best option in newfoundland) and i could tell you success stories or horror stories for any given year lol

burcs a nice guy hes not out to rip people off but there isnt alot of room for error and it does tend to happen....
Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
R.I.P.

use your bathtub for holding the corals thats what we do , fill your tub and throw in a heater and your good to go , some corals could stay there for days and its not needed space.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I'm not overly reliable this time of year due to the government deadlines for oil and gas exploration in access restricted areas that I'm dealing with. The first rush is for October 15th. The second rush is for November 30th. I couldn't be relied on to be 100% focussed and on the ball until the first week of December.

I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.
I guess I can take up the master listing part. I am good with creating lists