Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 PM

Fishman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Frustrations with tank provider (Edmonton)

I just wanted to pass along the details of a recent “experience” here in Edmonton *edited*

As a fresh water aquarist for over 25 years, I decided to make the jump to Salt water a few months ago. I’ve basically spent the last few months reading and researching. Yesterday was the big day to purchase a tank. After visiting a few stores in Edmonton, I decided on a corner-bow *edited*(my reasoning was simply based on … they have something in stock that worked for me … I couldn’t find anything else around town for my situation). Anyways, after deciding on a purchase price and a nominal fee to deliver – (including installing the odd-ball metric pipes that you cannot find replacement fittings for), I thought I better have one last home inspection to make sure that it would fit through the front door, not overcrowd the front room etc. etc. I assured I would be back this morning to buy the tank *edited* … and I was, 10 minutes after they opened the doors. I was blindsided when the “boss” showed up and wanted $50.00 more than agreed upon for the delivery and 20% more for the “agreed” upon price … I walked out and will never go back *edited* … I’m open to suggestions as to where in Edmonton I can find a decent tank and more importantly, start a relationship with an ethical retailer.

Last edited by christyf5; 08-13-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

uh oh, this thread wont last long. you have to be careful about talking negative about stores or the 'big brothers' will close the thread

my tank setup
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM

RicePaddy is on a distinguished road

A deal is never done until the money has been paid and the item is in your possesion.

I am sure there is at least one person that can say something bad about every vendor out there. However I do not think this is a venue to express this displeasure. And since you are not out of pocket any money, I would say that it could have been alot worse.

Buyer beware!!!

Will
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloc16 View Post
uh oh, this thread wont last long. you have to be careful about talking negative about stores or the 'big brothers' will close the thread
Not sure what that means. Thats just what we needed. Why do we close them or not allow them. Members need to understand what we go through because of these.

Titus, {and other board owners}, provide boards like this, for us to talk about our aquariums. Plus we have sponsers, like most boards, that pay for advertising, which helps Titus with the cost of running the board so its free for everyone else.

However, when members have their negative say on the board, {why not go to the store itself}, then its us left to deal with it, both the members and the stores. Gee, thanks. We are still dealing with the fall out from the last one. I dont mean to vent on this threads author as they are new or even Colin, whom I quoted. After the last few days, this just needs saying.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 05:28 AM

Mik_101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloc16 View Post
lol i agree this post will be closed sooner or later
- Green candy cane
- green zoas
- GSP
- Fake percula clown
- Diadem dottyback
adding a 70w MH with 8 LED
Old 08-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_101 View Post
lol i agree this post will be closed sooner or later

Miki, maybe read more, type less, k?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:40 AM

rigger11 is on a distinguished road

ya know maybe there should be a section for ranting and allowing others on this bord to be informed about how some ppl have been "riped off, or mistreated" by some of the stores. make it a members only section where the vendors or sponsors are not allowed to go. cause really as stated be for we shouldnt be "throat tied" and should be allowed to warn eachother of the deals gone south...

jmo

Last edited by rigger11; 08-13-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Guys, this isn't an idea or a guideline or an invite to a discussion. This is a rule. Want to rant, go to a reef meeting, Go to the bar, go to a board that allows that type of post. Canreef does not.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger11 View Post
ya know maybe there should be a section for ranting and allowing others on this bord to be informed about how some ppl have been "riped off, or mistreated" by some of the stores. make it a members only section where the vendors or sponsors are not allowed to go. cause really as stated be for we shouldnt be "throat tied" and should be allowed to warn eachother of the deals gone south...
jmo

Does it not matter how we explain it? Please READ my posts again. Its us left to clean up the mess after posting about "riped off", "mistreated" or ranting. Who do you think does it. The magic clean up goblins.

We have to answer to these buisness,s. Not to mention the fallout from members. I told you we are still dealing with the one from last week and now this. Ranting on the thread, pm,s, you name it. You need to see behind the scenes to understand.

I,m not sure what else we can say, so you understand. Check out most other boards. What you propose would be shut down fast on "most". I wonder why this is.

By the way, I deleted posts that mentioned stores, {even though they were ok}, as it was mentioned here that some may read it wrong. Please leave any store reviews, good or bad, out of this thread. It will remain open for now, if anyone has a point to make and as we would like to make our thoughts and board policy,s clear without just saying this is the way it is.

Last edited by Doug; 08-13-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Sorry guys, we don't do store reviews on this board. I understand your frustration but lawsuits etc. Please no store bashing, if you have a store suggestion for him by all means post but no negative posting. Thanks.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.

Last edited by christyf5; 08-12-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread