Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

If I can give advice I will but the way I sometimes do things is frowned apon as well. Mind you I lose a lot of corals with my experiments sometimes. So I can defiantly tell ppl what not to do. If I can I will lurk less and spurt insanities more. Will just make a disclaimer signature just in case lol

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 02-18-2014, 02:18 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

This is the biggest saltwater aquarium forum in Canada, no? They must be doing something right.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
This is the biggest saltwater aquarium forum in Canada, no? They must be doing something right.
Ya, I'd say we're definitely not "crashing"
Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Sent from my Dungeon using mad Ninja Skillz.

SPS fanatic.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
I think that is correct, as I belong to most of them. We seem to be in a bit of posting lag.......................except for buy/sell. But thats all.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 AM
BATfishMAN

Reef_Geek is on a distinguished road

I liked it better when the For Sale threads came up on the front page. But then, I'm not a membership-fee-paying vendor. I understand it, but I don't like it (as much). I wonder what effect (if any) this has on people staying on the site... not realizing the change and thinking "oh, there's nothing to look at today", or new folks who look for the first time and see nothing of particular interest (not enough to want to register a new account).

Just a thought.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:04 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

Maybe were just all so smrt we don't need to ask questions anymore.

Or maybe I am not the only one who's tank looks like crap (since switching to led) and don't want to share pictures of brown corals.

360 Reef Tank
Old 02-18-2014, 03:08 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I always hit the "New Posts" button and all the new threads/posts since I was last on shows up.

From my own observations, I must disagree with the OP that the site is crashing or that Canreef has lost too many sponsors, resulting in the site crashing.

Personally, I do try to answer questions when possible, but am less likely to do so if its a topic that's been beaten to death.

Locally, I know that almost all my older, more experienced reefer buddies are either no longer in the hobby, have downsized or have become far less active in the hobby (not just on Canreef). This is the nature of the beast. We all have busy lives that keep changing. New kids, new job, new moves, new priorities. Only a few hard core reefers stay active year-after-year-after-year.

And as mentioned by others, a lot of the questions have been answered multiple times and the answers can be very easily found using the search option.

Anthony
Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 AM

IanWR is on a distinguished road

Just to add my 2 cents, I really don't see a radical difference over the last year. Perhaps less in joking between friends, but not less helpful information. There is such a wealth of material on this site that many of the absolute basic questions you see on RC are not asked here. I see that as a good thing, it means people are finding what they need without starting a thread.

I have learned more from reading others' build threads than I could have hoped. I also find questions are answered very sussinctly and quickly. I don't see a lot of scarkiness in this site either, so not sure what the hand wringing is all about.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

I have to say that i've been on here a fair while now and its as good as it ever has been. There seems to be lots of new names and though I try to help when I can, there are a lot more knowledgeable people than me on here. Sonetimes maybe a bit of "bystander effect" where we all think someone else will help out?

I can't say enough about the mods. There may sometimes be drama but spend a few days on Canada's other large forum and you will have a new appreciation for how these guys and gals work with us. Just my 2 cents.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.