Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-08-2010, 05:24 AM

reefcanada is on a distinguished road

Your welcome Tony. If you NEED a hand moving it back into place, you know where to find me. This is going to be one sweet tank. I want to see that skimmer working, that thing is a beast.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I'll let Jay help with the moving. When I picked up my sump and tank from Jay I chipped the sump moving it and cracked the corner of the tank out. I've got a way with glass.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:52 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

When I saw the new picture of the sump I said, out loud, "Steve is seeeexxxay"....and my guy heard me. It made for an interesting conversation.

BUT! Glad to see you back on track....I'll be back in cowtown mid novemer till probably end of January....must do pho and beverages....but if when I'm in town you need a hand with anything let me know.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Nice job Tony. Sump looks great.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Looks great Tony, good to see you got this done in good time. I see Steve is well hung - his sock holder that is - never mind So just how much is new glass is there now ?

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:07 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I can't really claim any credit. "I watched it getting built ... all by myself!" Well Ok I guess I did clean the glass and stuff the night before. You can totally tell the order the glass panels got cleaned. The bottom is all sparkly and the right hand side is. Then the left hand side is a little less sparkly, and then the baffles are less and less clean. The last one is just a razor blade width of clean-ness around the edges and all coralined up in the middle still.

I would have tried to offer a hand but I couldn't quite arrange for the whole family to get out of the house while reefcanada came over. I had on Tuesday, Nathan my 5 year old has swimming lessons and Linda took him to that and took Sean along (2.5 year old). Unfortunately that was a card that could only be played once. Thursday night was swimming lessons night again but this time Sean had to stay home. I can't imagine why - how odd.

@Randi - Sorry. That's great, now some guy who runs a tattoo shop ("shoppe"? "shop"?) in Jersey thinks I'm loopy. My master plan is well underway <twiddle> <twiddle>

Pho sounds awesome!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:15 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Looks great Tony, good to see you got this done in good time. I see Steve is well hung - his sock holder that is - never mind So just how much is new glass is there now ?
Who could have foreseen talk of a sump named Steve could lead to this direction?! I think I blame Doug. And Laurie. Anyone but myself at any rate.

So, original pieces are the bottom and left and right panels. The short baffles are old but the tall ones are new. Instead of propping them up on something and waiting for the silicone to set, they are grooved out at the bottom so that there is still corner attachments at the bottom. So it's easily almost 50% new glass now. Plus the front is 10mm so hopefully there will be some enhanced structural integrity around the bulkheads compared to before.

Before it had two sets of baffles, now it's just the one. The larger chamber will lend itself better to water changes, I think. I'm trying to scheme up a method where I can use the skimmer feed hole for draining and maybe marking up the sides with gallonage ticks.

Last edited by Delphinus; 10-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
maybe marking up the sides with gallonage ticks.
Tony don't press too hard with that sharpie. To quote Randi: "just sayin'"
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

I like how "just sayin" is my theme...people here even make fun of me for it...didn't think I said it THAT much...but maybe I do. Herm.
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.