Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Sympathies .... -10 for the coast must be pure pandemonium. It's not the weather that gets you, it's what people do when there's weather. So from that perspective I can only imagine what a nightmare it will be on your roads.

I don't think of Calgary as being flatland. Maybe the eastern side of the city but 30 minutes driving and I'm in mountains baby .. that aint no flatland. It's one reason it's semi-bearable some days (not this day in particular, but SOME days) to live out this way. Wish I could move somewhere else but that aint in the cards.

Throw an extra heater in that sump .. I think I probably would if it were me. -10 is a little worrisome even with all that styrofoam...

Yup, the road's are a mess. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow at 6:30 am Lucky we have an AWD vehicle.

Actually, I like Calgary. In spring and fall, that is. Not so much in summer and winter. Mind you, it certainly hasn't been very hot there the last couple of summers. And yes, you do have hills.

I put an extra heater in the sump this afternoon. Three in there now. 2x 300W and a 150W.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:59 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Well it's almost 10pm here in Chilliwack and the thermometer is reading -19, its in the wind which is pounding us right now. Multiple power failures but so far ours seems to come back really fast. Pity the poor hydro guys out in this right now. The wind is a bit surprising though, the house is shaking...hope the tank at work fairs through the night with no major power failures there....I am originally from Winnipeg with the short stay in Edmonton so I have seen extreme cold but maybe its my age but the humidity really amplifies the cold out here....brrrrrr
Old 11-23-2010, 05:07 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

This wind sucks! I have the whole chimney cap from one of my buildings sitting in my office waiting for the wind to die down so the heating guys can put it back on. it's too big to go thru the roof hatch, so they have to pull it up 5 stories to the roof. I don't think it was designed to come off

I spent all day alternating between shoveling sidewalks and blowing leaves out of the entrances.. Sucks.. Did I mention it sucks?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 AM

randallino is on a distinguished road

OK enough I am from Calgary and -20 with wind chills is still a lot colder than - 10 on the coast even with the humidity.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:44 AM

Ken is on a distinguished road

brewcreek lodge passed squamish near whislter, here for the niece's wedding is -10 dgr no rain, no snow, but wind, roads are great to drive. Anyone been to this brewcreek, our room has no frigging tv, no telephone, no clock, no technology, except internet but a weak signal, anyway I guess people who stay at places like here wants no distraction and quiet time, apparently the niece has rented this entire lodge for all the guest staying here for the wedding. Cheers I guess I go stare at the creek tomorrow morning Ken
Old 11-23-2010, 12:33 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallino View Post
OK enough I am from Calgary and -20 with wind chills is still a lot colder than - 10 on the coast even with the humidity.
checked, currently Edmonton -27 at 61%RH, Powell River -8 at 55% (not picking on ya Lance).
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM

hillbillyreefer is on a distinguished road

Awesome, -46C with the wind chill. Betting the tractor that wouldn't start yesterday won't start today either. Cool packing pails is sooooo much fun.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:17 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
LOL, to heck with snow tires, some people still have their SUMMER tires on. Ridiculous!
is there an opton for anything other than summer tires??
you most likely purchased the only winter tires avail on the island.
happens every year...one lucky person gets the only winter tire. just like CT only has one snow shovel LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

LOL, nah I never do snow tires, we only get snow a couple times a year and they're a pain in the arse to store for the rest of the year. Besides, I always make my husband drive in the snow, he's from Alberta and better equipped for it.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:01 PM

sitandwatch is on a distinguished road

Top of Lake Louise for the world cup races -50 with the wind chill.

Springbank Airport second coldest place on the planet this morning, just beat out by the south pole.