Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70134)

Lance 11-23-2010 03:21 AM

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

-10 out right now. Bloody cold for the coast! I hope it doesn't get much colder having an outdoor sump. All is fine for now, (tank temp is 79.3) but wouldn't want it to get much colder out.

christyf5 11-23-2010 03:26 AM

I haven't ventured out to see what the temp is but its clear out so its gonna be a cold one! Can't wait for the skating rink roads tomorrow morning :neutral:

globaldesigns 11-23-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 567306)
-10 out right now. Bloody cold for the coast! I hope it doesn't get much colder having an outdoor sump. All is fine for now, (tank temp is 79.3) but wouldn't want it to get much colder out.

That is pretty cold for the coast, especially when you add in the humidity. Being from the coast also, the wet cold can be horrible.

Living in Calgary, it gets cold also. Right now it is -26, but at least it is a dry cold. It doesn't stick to you as bad as the coldness your in.

Ian 11-23-2010 03:27 AM

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM not a lot of sympathy here..was -37 with wind chill this morning....forgot my tea in the car and it was frozen solid by lunch LOL

mark 11-23-2010 03:28 AM

WCP!!! it's -24° and expected to -31° and that's without the windchill

Lance 11-23-2010 03:30 AM

The worst thing about winter on the coast is the snow. It's not dry like your flatland snow. Wet and slippery: Add to that, few cars have snow tires because we seldom get snow.

christyf5 11-23-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 567317)
The worst thing about winter on the coast is the snow. It's not dry like your flatland snow. Wet and slippery: Add to that, few cars have snow tires because we seldom get snow.

LOL, to heck with snow tires, some people still have their SUMMER tires on. Ridiculous!

fishoholic 11-23-2010 03:33 AM

Lance I'll take your cold over what we got any day! It was -35 with the windchill today and the water in my water bottle (that I forgot in my car) was frozen solid after work :sad: Now that's cold! :twised: Also it's supposed to be -31 tomorrow and -40 :eek: with the windchill :faint:

Lance 11-23-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 567323)
Lance I'll take your cold over what we got any day! It was -35 with the windchill today and the water in my water bottle (that I forgot in my car) was frozen solid after work :sad: Now that's cold! :twised:

Don't get me wrong, I was just being whiney. I wouldn't trade our weather for yours any day. I have family in Calgary and Saskatoon, and have spent time there in winter and summer. Too cold and too hot for me. I'll just stick with our mild, wet climate.

kien 11-23-2010 03:47 AM

On cold cold nights like these I just plunk myself in front of the tank with a cup of tea.. -30 outside, +25 in the tank :lol: