Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown lover View Post
Nope I mean Fraser street in Vancouver, that was a couple of years back. Maybe things have improved since then.
I though you were calling out Oceanic on Fraser in aldergrove .
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 AM

chi is on a distinguished road

Ya. I bought discus off from them. Spent 120 dollars just for them to end up back at the store again. I didnt know discus needed to be kept in bigger groups and they just accepted them back without giving me any store credit. I was seeing if they would atleast offer something, nope. I never went back since.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-27-2013, 03:23 PM

KPG007 is on a distinguished road

I've been going to King Ed on and off for probably 20 years. It's a family run business, and they have the largest supply of pet supplies I have seen. The main woman (her name escapes me) has always been nice to me regardless of how much I spend. Downstairs, I can't speak much for the fresh water guys, but they seem to know what they are doing. Yeah, since Robert left, the saltwater room has gone downhill. I'm sure it will come back to what it was once a suitable replacement, or Robert, is found. take a break from that store for a month or two if you didn't like your experience last time, but King Ed is one of the best fish stores in the Lower Mainland. I'm sure they'll get their act together.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

The owners name is Cathy. She's lovely! If you have a concern I would bring it up with her.....as she most likely doesn't frequent fish sites, running her business takes up enough time for 2 of us I'm sure.....because she isn't online much (I assume) she has NO idea that there are ANY unhappy people. Her sales are likely still very good, no one speaks up that there's an issue so she thinks it's all going great.

I run a similar business also (not near as large, my goodness), and would only know that I have a staff issue if people came TO ME....I would appreciate the feedback, to try to change it rather than have people bad mouthing me everywhere including online forums. I think you will find Cathy the same....she truly is a great person...who has a passion for her store.

I also have shopped there on and off for over 9 years...yup there have been some less than great staff...but we all have that, and can only fine tune it if we're aware!

Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 AM

mohammadali is on a distinguished road

the last time i went there , i saw like 4 anemones half of it were smashed under the rock and jelly things came out of it some coral were stinging each other ,
even the owner dont anything about saltwater , i hope the main saltwater guy feel well soon to save the King eds reef
Old 05-28-2013, 02:25 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
The owners name is Cathy. She's lovely! If you have a concern I would bring it up with her.....as she most likely doesn't frequent fish sites, running her business takes up enough time for 2 of us I'm sure.....because she isn't online much (I assume) she has NO idea that there are ANY unhappy people. Her sales are likely still very good, no one speaks up that there's an issue so she thinks it's all going great.
A couple questions for you.

If I go into the store and ask for Cathy would she have time for me and or if I phone the store and ask to speak to Cathy, what kind of answer would I get from the person who picked up the phone.

I find most owners of busy stores also have no time to deal with customer complaints either. That's what they pay their managers for.

A customer who experiences bad service goes home and talks about it with their friends. It doesn't matter what type of business it is. If they have a good experience they tell 1 friend, if they have a bad experience they tell 10. I would think with the openness of the digital age, business' should be even more careful as the 10 friends now easily becomes a thousand or more using facebook and forums.

Neoh took the time to talk to a manager about what they saw before making this post, but the manager didn't seem to care or have enough knowledge. I see nothing wrong with this post in general as it doesn't slam the business it just gives an honest review about their visit and as the thread developed we learned a little bit about why that part of the store is not doing so well at this time.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
A couple questions for you.

If I go into the store and ask for Cathy would she have time for me and or if I phone the store and ask to speak to Cathy, what kind of answer would I get from the person who picked up the phone.

I find most owners of busy stores also have no time to deal with customer complaints either. That's what they pay their managers for.

A customer who experiences bad service goes home and talks about it with their friends. It doesn't matter what type of business it is. If they have a good experience they tell 1 friend, if they have a bad experience they tell 10. I would think with the openness of the digital age, business' should be even more careful as the 10 friends now easily becomes a thousand or more using facebook and forums.

Neoh took the time to talk to a manager about what they saw before making this post, but the manager didn't seem to care or have enough knowledge. I see nothing wrong with this post in general as it doesn't slam the business it just gives an honest review about their visit and as the thread developed we learned a little bit about why that part of the store is not doing so well at this time.
I have no idea what her schedule is like or if she has a manager to handle complaints...but I do believe it's fair to bring the complaint to her. How she handles it from there I cannot answer as I'm not her. I didn't say there was anything wrong with this post, so please don't put words in my post. Feedback is always good....but bringing it to someones attention is even better. If the manager sucks then take it higher...just a suggestion for him to get his grief out on the person who holds the key. My feedback to his concern is just as valid as yours.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I would appreciate the feedback, to try to change it rather than have people bad mouthing me everywhere including online forums.
I apologize, I was only responding to the one comment you made. I'm just saying I didn't take this post as bad mouthing just an honest review from someone on one of their visits.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
I apologize, I was only responding to the one comment you made. I'm just saying I didn't take this post as bad mouthing just an honest review from someone on one of their visits.
No worries! In this day there is sooo much electronic conversation that a little real conversation can be beneficial!!

Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 PM

cblair is on a distinguished road

I was in there for the first time on Saturday and was not impressed. I was on a coral shopping trip to vancouver and thought I would check them out due to some recommendations but wow! Compared to the other shops I was less than impressed with the health of some of the fish and other livestock. I too did see the dead emperor angel. I did buy a lot of coral from both J&L and from Albert at oceanic. Very impressed with both those stores in both customer service and health of their livestock... Just saying

Tags
king eds, lfs reviews