Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

We could all call them and tell them to give Sam his money back!!

108-3088 St.Edwards Drive, Richmond, BC V6X 4C4 CA
Phone: 604-207-9588
Old 04-24-2003, 03:08 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Christy....

They served awesome crantinis.....that eased the pain a bit for us tho....

Sam's spot was kinda lookin' like a tacobell tho........
Old 04-24-2003, 03:09 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Yah and his place didn't have TROOPER playing across the street

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:11 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef_raf
We could all call them and tell them to give Sam his money back!!

Now, now, I'm not looking for trouble.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:07 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Interesting story. I'd say you tried to do an honourable thing by handing it over to the establishment you found the money in, and certainly by the sounds of it they didn't do the honourable thing after that, but the thing is, you handed it over to them and thereby effectively washed your hands of it at that point. What happens after that is between them and the person who lost the cash. Hopefully (although I agree it is unlikely), they are telling you the truth that it was claimed and by the rightful person.

If there is a next time, maybe hang onto the cash, tell the establishment/management that you have found a sum of cash, and either leave your contact info (so that the person can contact you in an attempt to identify the cash [probably only by verifying the actual amount, there won't be much else to work with]), or inform them that you're taking it to the police and the people can then try to sort it out with them.

Basically when it comes to "lost money" you really can't trust anyone.

I remember one thing that happened to me at an ATM about 10 years ago when I worked downtown. I was in a hurry to get somewhere and somewhat distracted. The bank machine I used was different than the one I usually use (which gives you the cash you take out, then gives you your card). This one gave you your card first, then spit out the money. Well as a conditioned response I suppose, when the card came out I whipped the card back into my wallet and walked off, on autopilot and thinking the transaction was all done. Well I realized my mistake within easily two minutes. I basically walked off, made a few steps, then said, "hey, whoops," turned around went back to the machine. The cash was long gone. I had taken out ... I can't remember it was either $20 or $40 but no more than that. But it was gone. It had to be the person behind me in line, who I figure who could have easily said "hey dummy! you forgot your cash" but that obviously was not the choice that person made that day. I'm not sure what my point is here .... I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're dumb enough to be careless with cash, you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of losing it. That person who lost the cash was careless. You found it ... at that point it's your choice, and your conscience, how to deal with it. But once you've turned it over to someone else ..... you no longer exert any influence. Hoping to see it back, in case it is not claimed, is ... possibly a bit of a stretch.

Of course, that doesn't justify the management of the establishment to be rude and to treat you like that. That's totally unacceptable how they've acted towards you. I know I certainly wouldn't be so quick to return there either.

cheers (sorry that you didn't end up with a free coral this time ... )
Old 04-26-2003, 01:21 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Guys, you really can't expect a whole lot more from slightly above minimum wage employees. IMHO opinion you can kiss the money goodbye if you give it to store management. There are absolutely no checks and balances in a case like that. It really is like giving someone a gift of cash.
I, however, can give a better story about a bank machine. Some time ago I withdrew $100.00 from the machine at my bank. I walked away without taking the money from the machine. A short time later I noticed my error. Without expecting anything I went back to the bank. I explained my mistake to the teller, who handed me the money without question. Someone had returned it. However, it is not as honest as it seems on the surface. There is a camera on the machines recording everything that occurs at the machine. They can go back and check all transactions.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 04-26-2003, 01:29 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Bob, what are "mo checks"?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:29 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Now, now, I'm not looking for trouble.
i have some italian friends. maybe i could have louie take care of it.

but seriously, there's a rip-off of quizno's here called zesto's. see if there are any locations in vancouver. i know they were looking for franchisees, maybe you'll want to look into that, sam. unlimited toasted subs.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 04-26-2003, 02:37 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Bob, what are "mo checks"?

Steve
That's what I get for not checking what I write. It should be no checks.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 04-26-2003, 02:53 AM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

karma, it's all about karma.

bob, your story reminds me of a recent experience i had.

i will not go into detail, lets just say...i am waiting for the good karma to return to me.

p.s.
sure bank machines have cameras, but if you were not robbed, or someone did not break into your account, by coersing/threatening you, they (the bank) wont resort to digging through camera footage to return your money. unfortunately, if you left your money there, that is your fault and your loss.