Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-07-2007, 06:40 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

sorry i dont know what happened to the pictures on page 11 of the full tank shots and lighting. but i got it fixed

my tank setup
Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 AM

i finally shut down my 55 gallon and transfered the fish and corals over. i added a couple pieces of rock to finish the center of the tank. here is a couple pictures of the new rocks from the 55. the corals are still in shock but slowly opening. i finally got a picture of my mystery and whipfin wrasse.

my tank setup
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 AM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

great job colin ,that monti is amazing
Old 01-13-2007, 03:40 AM

i finished installing my lighting tonight. i have 2 HO T5 54w actinic with hagen GLO electronic ballast. i am only going to use them for dawn and dusk because the aquaconnect bulbs already produce enough blue light. also i installed the LED lighting from IKEA that someone on canreef posted about (sorry i dont remember their name) but they are 4 strips of led lights for my lunar lighting. no pics of the actinics on and lunar lights yet but tonight i'll try and take some. i took some pictures of the inside of the canopy with all the lights installed. i've been told that the GLO ballast is dimmable so when i figure out how to wire to my profilux i'll have dimmable T5's which will rock. it is the one reason i went with this ballast.

i still cant figure out how to get my camera to adjust the color properly so it doesnt look so blue but you get the idea. the only lights on in these pictures is the halides. the small strips across the top between the pendants are the LED strips.

my tank setup
Old 01-13-2007, 03:55 AM

i had to post this. my son is as hooked as i am on this hobby. he is almost 3 and he knows all the names of the fish, and almost the names of the corals now. my daughter is his 7 months and is amazed at it as well. sorry, just a little daddys pride and bragging tonight.

my tank setup
Old 01-13-2007, 04:43 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Lookin' good!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:20 AM

here are the pictures of just actinics and then the LED's. the full tank shot of LED's seems really dark but in person it is just bright enough to see everything and produce almost a glow. i'm totally happy i went these. thanks to whoever it was that posted on canreef about the lighting from IKEA

there is actually 4 strips of these but you cant see the one above the camera

my tank setup
Old 01-18-2007, 05:00 AM

i picked up a really nice 4" copperband butterfly. it eats frozen food like crazy. he is nice and thick too. an hour later he is at home in the tank like he had been there a year. i also got a 3 fan assembly for the profilux with the prop control for it. i have not installed the control yet because i need to get a splitter for the 1 - 10 outlets but the fan is running and is dead silent. with the halides on for 7 1/2 hours the tank temp is heating 84.5 to 85 degrees which is not good. i'm hoping with the fan it will keep it down. i have my heaters adjust to 80 degrees so that at night there is not a huge temp fluctuation. but the tank usually stables at 81 with no lights on. i wanted to go with the 5 blade fan but the sump will only accomodate the 3 fan mounting. i'm debating whether i should install some fans on the canopy to pull some heat out of blow cooler air into the canopy. some input here would be nice. i'll post some pictures tomorrow of the new stuff

my tank setup
Old 01-18-2007, 05:09 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

need more shots of the mystery wrasse..
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 AM

i totally agree muck, but holy cow trying to get him to stay still for the photo. thank god for digital cameras because i probably would have gone through a few rolls on him alone with 35mm. the mystery wrasse is amazing. the coloring of him is nuts. the whipfin wrasse is beautiful as well but again good luck getting pictures.

my tank setup