Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 09-22-2004, 05:32 AM

cag is on a distinguished road
Default clowns vrs long tentacles

My pair of false percs moved into a nice long tentacle that we picked up about a month ago. The anenome is doing well, but the clowns are slowly looking more and more chemical burned. Its been three weeks, and they are starting to look awful. Is this just a stage, or are some LTA too strong for clowns. If so will they abandon it or poison themselves to death? What do I do? They are not eating very much any more. Any ideas. Is there such a thing as a clown LTA lethal bonding? Sounds like an action flick.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:13 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

I had a Clarki bond with a condalactus anemone, but it took about a week for him to become immune. Clarks are a pretty tough fish compared to percs, so he could handle it. Are you sure that they appear chemical burnt? Could it be something else, a disease perhaps? Remember, they chose to host with the anemone, but at the same time a lack of options may be why they made this choice. I've had clowns ignore my anemones in the past for whatever reason and I've had clowns kill anemones for ther unknown reasons. I will try to find a link to this site that I found informative on clown\anemone behavior.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 09-22-2004, 04:25 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Another anemone? Don't take this wrong, but are we sure it's a LTA?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:07 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

I have kept clowns with an LTA, and they were just fine. Maybe Alan is right in asking if you are sure it is a LTA.

---------Homer Simpson--------