Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 08-14-2004, 12:11 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Welcome to Canreef, Rhonda.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:35 AM

Majestic_Aquariums is on a distinguished road

Tony,

It is a pleasure to join Can Reef. This looks like a very impressive web site.

Thank you very much.
Rhonda Craig - Majestic Aquariums www.aquariumstands.net
Old 08-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Miscommunication
Old 08-15-2004, 01:50 AM

It's okay, Albert. I can understand why you might have thought that tank leaked. Being that it was the filter on our 90 gallon freshwater, you must have misheard. However, it's no big deal.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:11 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

From what I saw, that tank doesn't look all that exciting... Definitely not mine though.

I am amazed that of all the names out there, there are two Quinns on this board. Heck I've only met two others in my life!

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 08-20-2004, 02:25 AM

The tank package consists of 80lbs. liverock, 2 802 powerheads, Filstar XP3 filtration, SeaClone 150 protien skimmer, Ebo-Jager 200watt heater, 70lbs substrate, new coralife flourescents(we admit this is a very basic lighting system, but it works for us) All together the system cost us $1400.00 new, but we bought all accesories at Gold Aquariums, and know we saved alot as compared to other local stores. As well, both Dennis and Albert have always been very helpful with us, we appreciate the service, as well as the advice we have always been given. We look forward to every trip to Calgary, to go see what's in stock. Thanks. Robert.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:45 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

I'm just curious, so is Gold's recommending the Filstar and the SeaClone? Or was that a while ago...
Old 08-20-2004, 11:07 AM

We went into Gold's as beginners, as my sister had been shopping there for some time for all of her freshwater stock and supplies. We went in, basicially said "tell us what we need" and then purchased it. At the time, they recommended Aqua 500 filters, as they would put more oxygen in the water. We picked up the Filstar for one of my sister's tanks while we were there. She decided she didn't want it, so we kept it for ourselves. We personally think it is great-simple to maintain, keeps our levels great, ect. Dennis at the time reccomended the SeaClone skimmer, and it really works great(we found it took some time to get it adjusted just right)
In Red Deer, Petland wants $479.00 for the XP3, and well over $300.00 for the SeaClone, and we got these both combined for $400.00 at Gold's
Although we had our share of losses as beginners, water quality was never once one of the issues. It seemed like of the very few times we didn't follow their advice 100%, we wished we did later.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:58 PM

misi_muggins is on a distinguished road

I know this man's work! First introduced to him when he remodeled my
kitchen, dinrm and livrm - now have 2 tank stands built by him! Bought my first one and was delighted - so bought a 2nd.
You can't go wrong if you want a decorative and 100% reliable stand.....
a real attention-getter from everyone who sees them - really compliments my tank and all its contents....... just like having gorgeous windows, but no window coverings to compliment them - what would be the point???
Prices are right for the quality of workmanship - plus delivered and set up for a ridiculously low price - excellent service!