Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 PM

Kgrizzle is on a distinguished road

Finally today I woke up and the bigger of the two clowns was hosting ... The little one still hasn't made his way in but I think it might be cause he's to little... I noticed black spots on the big clown for a couple weeks now and looked into it and figured he was trying I host but was to small or not strong enough and was getting bruised from the anemone but now he's sleeping in it so I would only hope that once the little guy gets bigger he'll host aswell
Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 PM

stephengammage is on a distinguished road
Talking getting clown to host in anemone

Here is what i do and recommend to everyone worked for me and 5 of my friends and only took a day or 2 longest being a week. In nature they are taught by their parents how to keep safe. Therefore are taught, tank raised clown do not go through this stage let alone even see an anemone till is sold and in your tank i replicate this by putting a loop video of same breed of clown and same breed of anemone as yours i also have been told by a highly reputable LFS store owner is how he has done it for 10 years and been backed by a professor of icktheology (study of fish) that also confirmed it simulates the natural parenthood and is the best way. It is how he hosted both office and home clowns of his own all those people that laugh are probably ones who need to research more remember you will be laughing with an amazing sight everyday while others have theirs hosting unusual things been proven 5 times by me personally hundreds by LFS owner and a few by university professor hope everyone with a clown starts to do this and hope to hear your results are as good as all of ours

Last edited by stephengammage; 01-05-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephengammage View Post
Here is what i do and recommend to everyone worked for me and 5 of my friends and only took a day or 2 longest being a week in nature they are taught by their parents how to keep safe in nature therefore are taught tank raised clown do not go through this stage let alone even see an anemone till is sold and in your tank i replicate this by putting a loop video of same breed of clown and same breed of anemone as yours i also have been told by a highly reputable LFS store owner is how he has done it for 10 years and been backed by a professor of icktheology (study of fish) that also confirmed it simulates the natural parentuood and is tue best way is how he hosted both office and home clowns of his own all those people that laugh are probably ones who need to research more remember you will be laughing with an amazing eight vleveryday while others have theirs hosting unusual things been proven 5 times by me personally hundreds by LFS owner and a few by university professor hope everyone with a clown starts to do this and hope to hear your results are as good as all of ours
Ouch, punctuation please.......

Plus...old thread.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is what i do and recommend to everyone worked for me and 5 of my friends and only took a day or 2 longest being a week. In nature they are taught by their parents how to keep safe. Therefore are taught, tank raised clown do not go through this stage let alone even see an anemone till is sold and in your tank i replicate this by putting a loop video of same breed of clown and same breed of anemone as yours i also have been told by a highly reputable LFS store owner is how he has done it for 10 years and been backed by a professor of icktheology (study of fish) that also confirmed it simulates the natural parenthood and is the best way. It is how he hosted both office and home clowns of his own all those people that laugh are probably ones who need to research more remember you will be laughing with an amazing sight everyday while others have theirs hosting unusual things been proven 5 times by me personally hundreds by LFS owner and a few by university professor hope everyone with a clown starts to do this and hope to hear your results are as good as all of ours
Huh??
Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 AM

Chase31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Actually I have heard this works with just a picture taped to the tank.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:37 PM

pinkreef is on a distinguished road

i got tired of waiting so i put an anemone up to where the clowns hung out.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Chase31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkreef View Post
i got tired of waiting so i put an anemone up to where the clowns hung out.

Didnot stay there?
Old 01-06-2014, 06:44 PM

pinkreef is on a distinguished road

i moved the anemone with its rock up to the clowns and they went in that day
now they have 8 to play in
Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm not saying there isn't some learning that goes on through observation of conspecifics, but it's certainly not an intentional act by the parents. In the wild, clown fish parental care ceases completely once the eggs hatch. The little larvae wiggle out and dissipate on currents. By the time they go through the metamorphosis to become actual fish 7 to 9 days later, they are likely miles away from where they hatched. There are not many species of marine fish that care for their young beyond hatching (and most don't even go that far), and there are none (that I know of) that intentionally teach their offspring anything.