Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Freshwater

Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the info I'm heading over there after lunch to assess the situation and bring them home I have to figure out the size of tank they are in and find a spot in my home for them. All i know is that the tank is aprox 4 feet long and 2 feet high. but i do t have faith in his estimations lol. as well I have set up my temp holding tank that I will just have water in for the time being worst case scenario the daycare kids will enjoy them. My wife is worried about salmonella poisoning if the kids touch them. Do all turtles carry this and how can you test this. If possible I'd keep one of the two if I find a home for the other.

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockrookie View Post
Thank you all for the info I'm heading over there after lunch to assess the situation and bring them home I have to figure out the size of tank they are in and find a spot in my home for them. All i know is that the tank is aprox 4 feet long and 2 feet high. but i do t have faith in his estimations lol. as well I have set up my temp holding tank that I will just have water in for the time being worst case scenario the daycare kids will enjoy them. My wife is worried about salmonella poisoning if the kids touch them. Do all turtles carry this and how can you test this. If possible I'd keep one of the two if I find a home for the other.
All lizards/amphibians can carry salmonella, but not all do. Only way to tell is by testing them for it. I really don't worry about it as everyone in my house knows if they touch any of my reptiles, they need to wash their hands immediately afterwards.