Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Ideally when drilling for an overflow 3" down and 2.5" in from the side is safe, you can get glass cut for the overflow box then use black acrylic for the front pane so it's not see through, that is... If you don't want to look at a bulkhead....

I have done a few overflow boxes on tanks and usually make the box 7"x6"x2.5" deep, you want to make sure the box is big enough so the water draining doesn't empty too fast causing it to sound like a toilet flushing. Your return supply should be smaller from the drain. ie. If you run a 3/4 return then the drain should be 1", 1" supply, drain should be 1.25" or 1.5"

The reason behind this is you want to make sure your drain can handle the supply the same size drain may not be able to handle water that's being pumped back to the display causing it to overflow.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road
Default Need tank drilled

Does anyone know if there is someone in Calgary who might be willing to travel to my house to drill a tank? I would be willing to pay. I have a bad back and was able to get some friends to help me pick up the tank but do not want to set them up for an additional two trips

Charles
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
Does anyone know if there is someone in Calgary who might be willing to travel to my house to drill a tank? I would be willing to pay. I have a bad back and was able to get some friends to help me pick up the tank but do not want to set them up for an additional two trips

Charles

where do you live??

me and the roomate may be able to do it some time this weekend while were doing our rounds