Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Hats off to Ken!! For him to chime in shows that he is dedicated to the level of his customer service. Its also hard for Ken to watch the store 24/7 as most of us that know Ken personally that this is not his regular day job so to speak. I have never had any issues with any of the staff ever and we will miss you Shannon but if I did have issues with a staff they would be the first to know it as I can get somewhat vocal and dont really care if I offend or tick some one off .

Its hard these days to find good employees, everyone just want's the $$$ and most people don't really like there jobs, lord knows I hate mine sometimes & my boss can be a real dick ( hey wait I am my own boss )

I cant wait to see what Ken does if he was to relocate, I see some nice changes could be in the works.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 09-01-2012, 03:32 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
To set the record straight, Shannon is still there, as her two weeks is not up yet. She has been given an offer that she couldn't refuse to work with horses, and since her daughter is competing it will allow here to be there more for her.

As for the odd dead livestock, depending on the time of day, and the location of the issue. All stores have this issue, so this isn't because Shannon is gone. just overlooked.

As for the rude staff member, I WILL deal with this immediately as this is NOT acceptable. As for that comment, that will be brought up also.

BTW Nick, you mentioned it to me once, and I made no excuses, I told you I would talk to her about it.

My personal apologies to anyone,

Ken
I know I go there when I'm up there in the winter for my Army Hockey Nationals and I always stop in and tak with Shannon and buy 4 pails of salt its like a tradition with me and her. Yes she will be missed. the younger fella who works there he's pretty cool for a young guy quite the ham excellent person to do with ..
I know i alway miss you Ken you are either out of town or not there. some day we will meet up.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
I know I go there when I'm up there in the winter for my Army Hockey Nationals and I always stop in and tak with Shannon and buy 4 pails of salt its like a tradition with me and her. Yes she will be missed. the younger fella who works there he's pretty cool for a young guy quite the ham excellent person to do with ..
I know i alway miss you Ken you are either out of town or not there. some day we will meet up.
The young guy is Taylor. Great person and knows his stuff. Would like to see him in Shannon's spot one day.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:23 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
RUN Ken, RUN REALLY FAST!! He gave you enough warning to RUN!!

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 09-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Jeff000 is on a distinguished road

I know the girl everyone is talking about, and she can be umm pre occupied.

My biggest gripe is there is never anything new in the store. Dead/dyeing corals in the back tanks, the same mediocre fish, if there are many fish at all.

The only time BWA is worth going is around frag fest, seems to be the only time the tanks look good and have things worth buying.

Gf is telling me I am being an *******. Not my intention.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:46 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I'm sure we could all gripe and grone about lfs. All have good and bad. Personally I like blue world. The service was always top notch.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus99 View Post
I'm sure we could all gripe and grone about lfs. All have good and bad. Personally I like blue world. The service was always top notch.

absolutely
Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 PM

FWC is on a distinguished road

The key with blue world is getting there on the days when new stock comes in ,I find.

Prices are good and he often has some cool stuff in. However if you come in a few days later ,all the cool stuff worth seeing is already sold.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:38 PM

zuzes20011 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow guys nice to see all the good things being said yes shannon will be missed but nice to no she is doing something she loved and ken my concern was not so much for the store yes every lfs has things that dye but when i came in there was a lot of dead stuff so my concern was weather or not there was problems with the tanks i am a paying customer and do not pay for rudeness but it is nice to no you are going to do something about it thanks
Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road

I had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with Shannon in July of this year. Sorry to hear she's gone. Don't know about the other girl that works there as I don't frequent Blue World a whole lot because of the distance. I'm sure Ken will deal with it accordingly.