Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
Remember
Vendors PAY to be vendors here.

we do not.

Thats the biggest difference and the greatest reason why you shoudl just accept two tiered standards...
If I had to guess, that would be my reasoning too..
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

LMAO! Someone "else" who shall remain nameless already stuck the spoon in the pot...I just gave it a few quick stirs.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM

shootingstar is on a distinguished road

I would be thrilled to see not only the vendors but the classified's split into local only vs willing/able to ship.

I don't understand why we have sponsors that are essentially local shops, just advertise to your local club's then, why put it on a national forum if you have no desire to do business with the vast majority of the membership.

For those of us that live in places with no LFS the vendor's list's and classified's on forums is our only way to get things. It is so depressing to go through dozens of ad's and not even have access to any of it.

At any price.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Being female and all... I would say it has more to do with what I charge you I may not charge someone else.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
I would say it has more to do with what I charge you I may not charge someone else.
So true, and nothing wrong with it. I do it where I work all day long, everyday. Customers that dump loads of orders with me get better pricing then the one time guy. Some argue that if you don't give the one time guy the same deal he won't turn into a big customer which is possible buy every sale needs to be priced on it's own, we publish nothing when it comes to pricing. It's up to the salesman's discretion.

My scenario is not the same as this situation... but I always wondered why the PM's when it comes to pricing... Don't the LFS in Calgary and Edmonton mark their tanks with prices. It's not like a PM will keep the pricing from the competition for any length of time..

Last edited by jorjef; 07-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
Remember
Vendors PAY to be vendors here.

we do not.

Thats the biggest difference and the greatest reason why you shoudl just accept two tiered standards...
Remember

Vendors pay to be on Canreef only because they profit from it.

We typically lose money anytime we sell on Canreef, vendors don't.

If all the members had to pay to join there would be a drastic decline in membership followed by a drastic decline in vendors and the end of Canreef.

Canadian Tire pays to send me a flyer with prices on it because they want my business, it's no different for vendors on Canreef. The vendors all post prices in their stores that are not special deals to certain people so I have to agree, why not here? To be honest it turns me off from going to these stores in general because other retailers that don't advertise prices do so to get you talking to a salesman to try and oversell (rip you off) on something.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Well, I was wondering why is that we as users to this forum have to post pricing for things we sell, but Sponsors do not. Never do you see any pricing, all you see when people ask about pricing is that they have been PM'd.

Why all this secrecy? Tell one tell all.

I think Sponsors should have to follow the same rules. You want to sell something, then post the price with the product your promoting.
When you see the harassment some users get for supposedly overpricing their goods it's a wonder anyone wants to post prices......
besides it's easy to PM for a price and no one else needs to know if I want to pay a fortune for a coral or some tank bling

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 07-19-2012, 01:53 AM

Dr_Hicks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Remember

If all the members had to pay to join there would be a drastic decline in membership followed by a drastic decline in vendors and the end of Canreef.

Canadian Tire pays to send me a flyer with prices on it because they want my business, it's no different for vendors on Canreef. The vendors all post prices in their stores that are not special deals to certain people so I have to agree, why not here? To be honest it turns me off from going to these stores in general because other retailers that don't advertise prices do so to get you talking to a salesman to try and oversell (rip you off) on something.
Thank you !

Hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:13 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Remember

J

Amen, you are so right.

Before anyone nails me to the cross. I am someone that worked and ran big box stores in the past. Millions in stock on average and 20-40 Staff at any one time. I never practiced this. Pricing everything kept the commissioned sales staff honest and was what customers expected. How is doing business online any different?

Why can't Canreef vendors post suggested retail. If they choose to discount to someone that orders more often, then they can choose to do so.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk

Last edited by globaldesigns; 07-19-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

What I don't see here is the vendors offering "5% off to all canreef members for the next 24 hours!" kind of specials.

The vendors here, with a couple of exceptions, do not seem to take advantage of the HUGE and interested audience they are paying for. For the most part the vendors display their banner ads and that is it. I hope they get their money's worth.