Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaangel View Post
Well I think I am gonna email the manufacture to see what they say about what I should run with what I have planned.
And being as tho I plan to run the tank near osmotic until I have all the fish in there there wont be any inverts in it... And even then I prob would have over 2 dozen fish once I cross every angelfish off my list and I know its gonna take some time to get the cash funds and find a healthy conspicious angelfish
FYI I had six large (each was 6-8") angelfish in my 230g and there was barely enough room in the tank for the six of them. Highly doubt 12 would be happy in a 180g, simply not enough room for them to have their own territory. Unless the plan is to way over crowd them.

I think if you are feeding heavily and have a large bio-load a skimmer rated for way larger of a tank is a better way to go. I have two largeish skimmers running on my system and could use another.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM

rastaangel is on a distinguished road

Theres more linear room in the tank ill be running.
And as you know having a few large angels together usually results in aggression once one establishes its territory and becomes the dominent one. The point is to overcrowd for 2 reasons #1 no one can become dominent and establish a territory becuase theres so many fish in and out of the area that fish is trying to establish as its home #2 if one of the larger fish does some how establish a territory there are so many others that one or two fish arnt singled out and attacked, the aggression will be spread out over all the others.
I have spent countless hours reading up on housing mulitple large angels while I have nothing to do and seem to have concluded that is one of the sure fire ways to do so, and I have also puttin it into affect in a system at home to try it... I currently have 8 large angle species in my 90g with no aggression
Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Theres more linear room in the tank ill be running.
And as you know having a few large angels together usually results in aggression once one establishes its territory and becomes the dominent one. The point is to overcrowd for 2 reasons #1 no one can become dominent and establish a territory becuase theres so many fish in and out of the area that fish is trying to establish as its home #2 if one of the larger fish does some how establish a territory there are so many others that one or two fish arnt singled out and attacked, the aggression will be spread out over all the others.
I have spent countless hours reading up on housing mulitple large angels while I have nothing to do and seem to have concluded that is one of the sure fire ways to do so, and I have also puttin it into affect in a system at home to try it... I currently have 8 large angle species in my 90g with no aggression
WOW I feel sorry for your fish, not really fair to the fish IMO to stuff so many large angels into a small tank Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, even Big Als doesn't put a bunch of large angels into small tanks together.

Last edited by fishoholic; 06-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 AM

Its only temp not like there in there forever, but im not gonna get into fish vs tank size, thats not the point of this. And FYI ive seen almost every fish store stick a large fish in a small tank. An 8' tank is more then most people have for there angels
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 AM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HAHA got that for reef octopus skimmers?
Sadly . . . No. Hopefully the manufacturer can provide you a better idea as to the skimmer's ability.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 AM

Ya I sent coralvue a email giving them the situation outline and asking if they suggest a SRO-3000 rated for 300g or a SRO-5000 rated for 500g.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM

E-mail recieved from corelvue:
You will appreciate the performance of the 3000 on that size tank with a large bioload. It will help keep your parameters in check and consistent performance.
So SRO-3000 it is!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
E-mail recieved from corelvue:
You will appreciate the performance of the 3000 on that size tank with a large bioload. It will help keep your parameters in check and consistent performance.
So SRO-3000 it is!
what did you expect the manufacturer to say?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-12-2012, 12:51 AM

LOL if it was me... I would push bigger better... Just like buyin a truck, you dont want a tiny V6, you want a deisel LOL