Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

This was my response in the other thread:

He is not a sponsor of this site (and for good reason IMO) and should not be getting all the publicity that he does. Honestly if people want to risk their money by buying from him that's their choice but people have a right to know that he usually messes up orders before they decide to place one with him.

I'm glad to hear he's trying to "make up" for frags that people ordered and he didn't have but shouldn't he tell people it's not in stock before they pay for it instead of sending a different replacement frag? Personly if I pay for something I want to get the item I paid for not something to make up for him not having it. Also there has been times were he didn't send the full order and you have to hound him for the rest of it. Not worth the hassle IMO but to each their own, but again people should go into an order with open eyes.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:30 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
So it's you that has been stealing my Fraga... er Freds corals hey!! Hey I'm in Burc's corner, had a good laugh with him earlier about the drama
So what's his ID here? I have a few questions for him
Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 AM

jtbadco is on a distinguished road

His name is Gra.... ooops, hey almost gave it away.

Hahahaha
Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
This was my response in the other thread:

He is not a sponsor of this site (and for good reason IMO) and should not be getting all the publicity that he does. Honestly if people want to risk their money by buying from him that's their choice but people have a right to know that he usually messes up orders before they decide to place one with him.

I'm glad to hear he's trying to "make up" for frags that people ordered and he didn't have but shouldn't he tell people it's not in stock before they pay for it instead of sending a different replacement frag? Personly if I pay for something I want to get the item I paid for not something to make up for him not having it. Also there has been times were he didn't send the full order and you have to hound him for the rest of it. Not worth the hassle IMO but to each their own, but again people should go into an order with open eyes.
Which is why threads like this should be allowed and not deleted so people can hear both sides of the story and make an informed choice.
Yay Freedom !!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadco View Post
Like seriously,...most of my corals are from Fred's Corals. If I post pics and/or videos and happen to mention that will it get me deleted too?
yes. Unless Fred is a sponsor, repeated exposure, good or bad, is not permitted. It's an advertising issue. We're allowing the group buys like we do for all suppliers. We're preventing advertising for or by non sponsors. We let it go a couple of times, but it's become excessive, and therefore removed. Nothing has been removed for opinions or any other reason other than advertising.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:36 AM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
His name is Gra.... ooops, hey almost gave it away.

Hahahaha
Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 AM

Yeah, advertising. Right. Got it.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 AM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
So what's his ID here? I have a few questions for him
Texting not on the site
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yeah, advertising. Right. Got it.
Ya know, whatever. This is a private resource and we'll manage it at our discretion. If you don't like it, there are so many other boards....
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 AM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

but it is claimed this is for the best of canreefers... why not have a poll then? see how many ppl have had good/bad experiences... how many orders? and so on... ceriously would you be able to send out 4-500 frags a day and get them all right? ya he could use hiring another couple of ppl and form the production line and better organize everything... yeah it would be sweet if the corals weren't fresh cut and were fully encrusted and colored upon arrival... all bags were labeled, to help avoid sending wrong item in the rush to make sure the parcel is rdy for shipment before the cut off at the end of the day...but then overhead jumps up, and prices go back to retail... Look I am a business man my self and have my own plumbing company. Clearly burc makes a lot of his sales due to how insanely cheap a lot of this stuff is, other wise he is just another online company to cruise by... everyone of us had to of second guessed ourselves before purchasing... but we took the risk... some of us got the **** end of the stick... maybe I got lucky... but I have received prompt responses and even an email before my package arrived apologizing due to 2 frags missing from shipment and promised me they would be in the next shipment that I have already ordered of ultra grade clams and I believe he will... after all my last order only had 2 doa's and a 2 wrong corals and he sent them all to me just the other day and did not charge me for shipping hell I even added a few pieces as well... he has honestly been very professional with me and I will continue to go back!!! so maybe he made **** the bed in the past, but let me tell you taking that step originally can be very over whelming... But it seems to me that I am not the only satisfied person on here lately so maybe he is coming to better understand what it takes to keep us happy. Just my 2 cents... brad, christie and shelley.... maybe it would just take emailing burc and refreshing him about what happpened... who knows, maybe he might be able to give you some kind of a break to prove himself again to you? I have received many beautiful pieces for fractions of what could buy them for from a local reefer even... Anywho... enough out of me I need to get on with my day...