Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Manitoba

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 05:27 PM

Judy Waytiuk is on a distinguished road

jorjef, you are in Regina. We are in Winnipeg. There's a fair amount of info that has been going around for some time among local aquarists about this subject. here is the link that lists the full CITES control list-- species for which you can get permits.
http://ec.gc.ca/cites/listedecontrol...ist.swFullList
Please note scleratinia rock is not on that list.
As for two people crucifying a business-- had you seen the posts on the local fish forum for the few hours the thread was active before it was shut down, you would know the local fish community was pretty p'd off with this guy.
It would be useful if you were to try to form your opinions based on solid information.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM

jtbadco is on a distinguished road

Gee,...MarkoD has hundreds of posts!!! I guess you'll give more weight to his opinion.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadco View Post
I don't think anyone is really going to buy a bazooka and shoot their skimmer.
I'm pretty sure they are just voicing their disapproval
Considering a bazooka or AK would get me more jail time than 20,000 lbs of illegally imported live rock...uh, yeah I think you're spot on with the second sentence there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus
I think if you read this and look who its coming from, MYka AKA Mindy is playing around Come on she isnt going to smash her skimmers. she is joking.
Yup.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 PM

jtbadco is on a distinguished road

Well, you had me on the fence there for a minute....I had a very clear picture of you in your backyard lining up the sights and making a big boom!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Considering a bazooka or AK would get me more jail time than 20,000 lbs of illegally imported live rock...uh, yeah I think you're spot on with the second sentence there!
wait what? jail time for an AK?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:33 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What the hell difference does it make how many posts we have on Canreef?!? Like the number of posts you have made makes your point more or less valid. Give your head a shake.

Fact- The guy broke the law. He should be punished.

Nothing personal at all....but if no one says anything about stuff like this then it continues. By not speaking out against it, you are condoning the behavior.

I don't know where my shoes were made either, but if I hear a company uses sweat shops, then I don't buy from them anymore.

To state that we shouldn't comment on this because we aren't intimately aware of the process of collection is retarded. By commenting on this we are making ourselves more aware of the process and by getting rid of greedy conmen we are making sure that those shady practices are not allowed to continue.
Anyone that would defend this guys actions are just showing their true character, and I wouldn't buy anything from you either.
Do you shop at Walmart? better not....The punishment needs to match the crime. You want him erased from the world and are going to no ends to voice this. Yep he's been proven guilty and will be sentenced, how are you making the world a better place by shouting out about the past, go make a difference in the future or quit preaching.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

this is way more entertaining when im not a part of it
Old 12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Well, you had me on the fence there for a minute....I had a very clear picture of you in your backyard lining up the sights and making a big boom!!!
LOL ya my hand was out taking the fresh new 20's that Mindy made in her back yard shed. as I hand over the freshly new painted M-72 rocket launcher.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I think you guys should leave the personal banter out of this unless you want the mods to close the thread. If you feel like being a jerk do it in PM. A thread like this should be discussed, and would be a shame to see it closed.

Quote:
Moot point.... YOU CANNOT GET PERMITS FOR WHAT HE BROUGHT IN.
Are you talking about the seahorses? Seahorses were added to the CITES list (meaning they required permitting) in 2004. I do believe that in 2008 you could still get CITES for wild seahorses...I can't find any references to this right now though, but I thought it was just a couple years ago that the wild collection ban came into place. Anyone know for sure...can find reference?

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:46 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Ya I'm done...
Closed Thread