Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2011, 07:37 AM

doch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I had some similar issues and after replacing a motor block and impeller, found that it was the power supply. I don't know if I have the wrong diode (for voltage.. you usually run them at 18 v but for wavrboxes you want 24 v and you can step them down if you want too). The new style and old style power supplies use diodes that look interchangeable but they are not the same. Not sure what the consequence is of using the wrong one. In my case the voltage output is not steady. Multimeter showed it bouncing all over the place.
I was under the impression that any of the 3 diodes can be used depending on if you want more or less flow. I've only used the new ones and I'm pretty sure that they are all running on the 18V diodes. I'd have to confirm that when I get home though. I wonder if they've just made a bad batch of power supplies. As I said, I had the first one crap out giving me no flow out of my 6215, and now this. Could just be fluke that they worked briefly when I "cleaned" them. I think I'm going to see if I can find a way to contact Tunze directly and ask about this problem.

160 gallon Reef, almost all SPS, a few LPS, small handfull of Zoas, and 5 clams. LOVING the upgrade (now that most of the work is done!)

My tank Journal: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75924