Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Yes the tank is big enough, but with the massive renos being done on the house right now, I convinced the wife to move the 47" downstairs and get a 55"-60" for upstairs above the new fireplace. So far I am really liking the LG at future shop for $1899. Just not sure whether the added 3D features are worth it or not. Really sweet pic though in 2D. Barb is already giving me flack about the 32" I am using in my "Man Cave" for my computer. Havent told her about turning the house wi-fi compatible so I can use the new big screen.. Looked at Costco but the selection wasn't the best, prices ok though. Will check them out online as well. Tried ebay, no screaming great deals and then it is usually a bit of a hassle for wty. Keeping in the search mode for now.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I bought a 55" at Christmas because it was on sale for under a thousand but still wish I had went with a 60". It doesn't sound like much but the size is noticable. I didn't look at 3D TV's because I wear glasses and it's uncomfortable to wear 2 sets all the time, I don't even like 3D movies for this reason. I talked to a marketing manager at one of the stores I went to and he said 3D TV's that don't need glasses will be available in 4-5 years. One thing I did notice is that there is big picture quality difference in HD TV's when it comes to standard definition TV stations, some TV's are just terrible with fuzzy over pixelated images well others are crystal clear. So ask to see a standard definition channel played on the demo TV while at the store.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:09 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Well I made the purchase today, I went with a Vizio55" Led/Lcd "vf551xvt" 240hz non/3d but fantastic picture. And it has all the bells and whistles I need. Price was great.$925.00 plus tax. wall mounts as well $35.00 each. Just a long trip into Vancouver to a place called the "Open Box". Couldn't beat the price for the same quality, even on Ebay etc. I hope I enjoy it as much in a years time. I have a Vizio 32" for my computer monitor and love it. It's a led/lcd unit as well.