Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default Big Screen TV?

So does anybody know who is selling any "New" 55-60" tv's out there at really screaming good prices. Prefer something in lower mainland/fraser valley area and with the following perameters. led/lcd wi/fi {3d optional} let me know. No panic as the living rooms not finished yet.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
So does anybody know who is selling any "New" 55-60" tv's out there at really screaming good prices. Prefer something in lower mainland/fraser valley area and with the following perameters. led/lcd wi/fi {3d optional} let me know. No panic as the living rooms not finished yet.

what the tank isnt big enough lol
Old 07-05-2011, 01:37 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Looks like Costco is changing stock. On the weekend was seeing bunch of the displays going some $400 less than regular and discounts on the ones still in the box.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:39 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Costco had 60 " plasma for $1199 and a 55"LED for 1099 last I was there month ago or so
They werent big name companies tho but Costco warranty is really good apparently
I would consider those screaming good prices for that size TV

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

You can't beat Costco's return policy, I have never heard a single complaint from anyone about trying to return something. I had a 7 year old jogging stroller that I broke the handle on. I went back to Costco to see if I could order a part for it, they said they couldn't and without a receipt they just gave me my money back for something I had fully used with 2 kids for many years. I told them I didn't need a refund as I felt it was way beyond warrenty and I enjoyed many years out of it but they practically forced my money back on me! I had an older projector TV from Costco that wasn't a major brand name either and after waiting 10 years for the thing to die I finally had to give it away on Kijiji so I could by a new 55"LCD.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:07 AM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road

Costco has changed their return policy for electronics items, and rightly so. People were returning 5+ year TVs for a full refund, just so they could upgrade to the latest model:

http://www.costco.ca/Service/Feature...uctNo=10045100

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
You can't beat Costco's return policy, I have never heard a single complaint from anyone about trying to return something. I had a 7 year old jogging stroller that I broke the handle on. I went back to Costco to see if I could order a part for it, they said they couldn't and without a receipt they just gave me my money back for something I had fully used with 2 kids for many years. I told them I didn't need a refund as I felt it was way beyond warrenty and I enjoyed many years out of it but they practically forced my money back on me! I had an older projector TV from Costco that wasn't a major brand name either and after waiting 10 years for the thing to die I finally had to give it away on Kijiji so I could by a new 55"LCD.

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...
Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGQ View Post
Costco has changed their return policy for electronics items, and rightly so. People were returning 5+ year TVs for a full refund, just so they could upgrade to the latest model:

http://www.costco.ca/Service/Feature...uctNo=10045100
was only 1 year before but still, 90 days is pretty good
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 AM

msjboy is on a distinguished road
Default Buy near Xmas

Best prices is at around Xmas and shortly after. New tvs are shown to the trade during ces in January...consumer electronics show. In lower mainland, also try memory express
.com. For 55 inch led, a good price is 899 or so. If you got 3500$' get a 70 inch one.... 2 hrs ago, these were 8ooo$.
Msjboy
Old 07-06-2011, 12:23 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Costco has always had a written return policy for all their products, it's there for people who abuse it. Buy a TV from any electronics store and after a month decide you don't like it and see how much money you get back from them. To be honest I have never had a TV fail on me so it doesn't matter to me where I buy one but I have been happier with some TV's and not with others which is were Costco is nice. Take a TV home and if it's not at all what you thought it would be like in your own home you can take it back for a full refund. The only problem is Costco's selection is smaller and they don't carry every brand or the very newest sets.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

I herd Vision offers a warranty that in case that you do NOT use it the ammount will go back to your credit card after waranty expired.
But i dont know if this is true or not.