Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 AM

MadMax is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Everybody,

If I may introduce myself, my name is Kevin Adams and I am the owner/promoter of the Seattle Marine Aquarium Expo (SEA-MAX) coming to the Seattle Center in Washington July 23-24, 2011.

I happened across this thread quite by accident while doing a Google search on another matter, but after reading a few words I just knew I had to register and touch base with you wonderful folks.
I must say we are humbled and honored by the amount of enthusiasm and dedication expressed by our hobbyist brothers and sisters that live North of the border!
It makes us feel exceptionally good to see people willing to travel considerable distances, not to mention dealing with borders and customs challenges along the way.

Well, this is exactly the reason why we are going to bring our show to you.
The Pacific Northwest has been ignored for too long by the aquatics industry, not to mention that there has never been a large scale show of any sort for the reefing community.
Well, we intend to change that this July by bringing you the best the the Marine Aquarium Expo has to offer!

We all look forward to seeing all of you in Seattle July 23-24, 2011
Warmest Regards,

Kevin T. Adams
SEA-MAX 2011
Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting your thoughts and offering us a warm welcome to your trade show. Hopefully there will be lots more of these events staged for the Pacific Northwest.

Looking forward to experiencing your show and koodos for organizing such a great event.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Kevin! Glad you stopped by. I can't wait till July!! Its gonna be awesome and I hope to see more shows in the PNW!!!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM

lngrhaul is on a distinguished road

Hey Paul,

now that we are getting close to the event, do you have any details to share with us regarding the purchase of frags - and where you guys will be hanging out!

Thanks, its's getting close now - very exciting.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:22 AM

tparsons is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to seeing everyone at SEAMAX!
It will be a great show!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:05 PM

sgreen is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to meeting some fellow canreefers on the weekend. we are travelling with another couple from Edmonton.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

We are the other couple and this is going to be a fun show!
Only a few more sleeps left.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I will be at the Hikari Trade show booth most of the 2 days and will check back often if I miss anyone, you can leave a message with anyone at Hikari on how I can get a hold of you during the weekend.

Regarding livestock and bringing them back, for all interested parties please email me or PM me for details on this. I need to find out if there's enough interest to warrant the administrative fees involved to bring the corals back.

For all Islander people who are interested, the logistics have changed since originally making this post and Harbour Air no longer flies direct to Victoria via Langley. In order for me to ship corals to Victoria, I now have to travel to the Vancouver Airport to ship through Harbour Air. This is a 2 hour trip for me and unfortunately I now have to take fuel cost and my time into consideration. If there's enough people on the island that want to have their corals shipped Monday after they've crossed the border I will have to charge a small handling fee to cover the above costs (fuel and time) as this is a not for profit service that I'm offering. Hope you understand.

I will be staying at the hotel so everyone is welcome to come up for drinks or meet up for dinner. Please PM me if that is your intention.

Thanks and see you all on Saturday.

Paul
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 AM

lngrhaul is on a distinguished road

Thanks for clarifying this Paul. I can understand that this is a little out of your way - do you have a normal handling fee that you charge for shipping livestock? I guess before I can decide if this is an option, I'd need to know how much we are talking about. Could you also ballpark the admin fee you are mentioning for the admin of the order?

So Islanders, who is interested in having this shipped in one big order? We'll need to know by Friday so we can make a decision on what is involved before we get down there and see all the fun stuff they have. Or are there any Islanders who are going by OC on Monday and can facilitate the transportation??
Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

I might actually be able to attend..yeeehah!