Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 PM

apex82 is on a distinguished road

He was not stressed at all... super active and loving life. It was the jumping from tank and then near death as it took awhile for me to get him from the back of the tank back into the water. This brought out the ich but I followed everything to the tee with quarantine and fishless tank to rid the ich prior to that event.

QT was 1-2 ppm of copper checked every 3 days. He was in there for a solid 5 weeks. I did not wean him off copper in the qt, it was just an hour drip and then into main tank.

Main tank was fishless for 7 weeks except for cleaners, crabs, anemone and corals... I didnt let a drop of water get into that display tank in 7 weeks to make sure there was no contamination.

I just dont understand how he got it even though he was super stressed from the jump... I am going to continue to make sure he eats lots of variety, selcon, garlic etc... I just feel like it was a lot of wasted time and extra effort to maintain the quarantine as well as an empty tank for almost 2 months! All for nothing.