Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I'd have to check when I get home, I don't remember the specific model anymore (I put it in in 2006! OMG that's 5 years already, what the heck ?! How did this happen.)
Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Man i got different price for different unit. but it seems like i will be out 2K for sure lol.

Anyone have a good experience with fantech?
Old 05-13-2011, 11:20 PM

wingedfish is on a distinguished road

Another avenue you might try is Hoyme They are manufactured right in Alberta and are fresh on the market. I seen one for the first time this past fall and was impressed. It is passive and I have no experience with them as of yet but worth checking out.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:28 PM

wingedfish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
WingedFish, normally how much do you charge for just installation? It seems like in Calgary, installer charge roughly 1K
Depends on the job, some are quick with a mechanical room on an outside wall and don't need it pretty. Some are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus
also it has defrost port which i don't know if it is that useful.
The defrost is needed for when your moist humid stale air freezes to the heat exchanger. this will block the air exchange in cold weather, the real time to need it. For a reefer, a defrost mechanism is a must.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:27 AM

bob the nano is on a distinguished road

May I suggest a venmar eko 1.5 HRV. It's a compact unit that uses variable speed dc blowers and can be setup for many different homes. Because the blowers are variable speed the system can make up for difincies in your ductwork and makes retrofitting it into old duct system easy. There are 3 settings that can be used to size the hrv for your needs up to a maximium of 153 cfm. Because the blowers react to static pressure in the duct work to make sure they deliver the cfm they are set for you can use a smaller unit and be confident that you are actually getting the air exchange required. here's a link to the info page.... http://www.venmar.ca/AfficherProduit...ngue=en&id=124 . Another plus is it's extremely energy efficient compared to a standard model . I have serviced most major brands of air exchangers and that`s the one I recommend most to my customers for its ease of install, low operating costs, and its ability to accommodate many different homes.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Nate is on a distinguished road
Default Hrv

Just had one put in my house by a hvac neighbor. Have a 450 gallon tank and he was very concious about things like where to put in the intake, where to put the humidistat to make it more efficient, etc. Installed it for a hell of a deal and I will be having him install them for all of my customers tanks that require them now. Pm me if you want his number and make sure you tell him Nate sent you and you are likely to get a pretty sweet deal.